Surprise! Betcha thought I wouldn’t be back today. Me neither, but my morning plans fell through and, after so much caffeine from the green tea yesterday I was up late last night fiddling around with another project, so here I am posting it.
Let’s talk about that cute Spellbinders purse first. That little purse, like any truly good women’s purse, holds a lot more than you’d think! Yes, the three Starbucks Via and two Ghirardelli chocolates all fit inside and let it latch closed just fine!
Speaking of the latch, I thought I’d gussy mine up and put a mini teacup charm on top of it. Fortunately, I just happened to have put it high enough for the latch to still work. (Note to self: remember to leave room for the latch to bend and fit in place if putting a decorative piece on top next time!)
I just love these beautiful papers from K & Company! I cut out some of the butterflies, wrapped their wings around a small paint brush handle for dimension and added some shimmer to them.
For the card, I used the sweet free digis from Verve Stamps – Thank you, Julee! (Click the pic or HERE to get them.) For those of you dinosaurs like me, digis are digital images you can print from your computer – like what we used to call ‘clip-art’ in the previous century!
I followed Verve’s Mojo Monday challenge sketch, too.
The double meaning of the sentiment with this gift set makes me giggle! I love how the shimmer on the blue butterfly makes it look like the real life Morpho Adonis butterfly.
The inside says: ‘May your burdens be light and your coffee strong.’ Hmmm… from this angle, that coffee with the lines reminds me of a kitty… maybe next time Julee will do up a coffee kitty digi for us… (hint-hint, Julee!!)
I used some vellum leaves for the ‘steam’ and added some shimmering bling to the sun.
- Verve Rise & Shine digi set
- Verve Love Everlasting stamp set
- Verve Beautiful Flowers die set
- Spellbinders Purse contour die, Exquisite Labels Eleven dies
- JustRite Spellbinders Vintage Labels 7 dies
- EK Success: K & Company Susan Winget Floral designer paper pad
- Core’dinations Parisian Nights A2 pink card and white & pink cardstock
- The Paper Studio printed vellum
- Memento dye inks: Pear Tart and London Fog
- Copic markers: R20; Y17, 28, 32; YG61; YR26
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen – clear
- Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalks Jewel Tones
- iCraft Therm-o-Web Easy Tear Tape 1/4″
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Bead Landing Pemberly teacup charm
- Viva Decor Perlen Pen – Ice White (to fill charm hole in saucer)
- E6000 adhesive
- Misc. ribbon
I’m playing along with the following challenges… click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun…
- Spring Coffee Lovers Bloghop (both the card and the gift purse)
- Verve Spread a Little Sunshine Challenge
- Mojo Monday #490 challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Work-It-Wednesday: Spring
- Cropstop Linky Party #26: Anything Goes (Aleene’s, Core’dinations, E6000, EKSuccess, Justrite, Memento, Pebbles, Inc, Spellbinders and Viva Decor)
Thank you so much for stopping by and for all your kind comments!!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
pps: Stopped by and gave yesterday’s card to my favorite barista, who was quite pleased. Enabler’s note: Target cartwheel 25% off Fraps is good through Sunday 4/2/17!
Thanks, Angie! You’re paw-some!