Surprise! I’m back!! A lot has happened since my last post and part two will have to wait a bit longer. Meanwhile, it’s time for the 2018 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.
Although I haven’t had much time for crafting lately, I was excited to make up the new Power Poppy Cheerful Columbine stamp as it is a prefect reminder of a couple of the fun highlights of my recent trip to Indiana… My aunt’s columbine flower patch and getting a birds eye view of newborn baby robins!
This year the robins built their nest in my aunt’s garage window. They were very attentive to their family.
Here’s a video of the the first two newly hatched. They’re not the cutest, but still they’re amazing! (click in the middle of the pic to start the video):
Columbines are one of my favorite flowers. Their little stamen bunches look like little balls of sunshine! Did you know the first official Colorado State Song was Where the Columbine Grow? For me, they grow in my aunt’s flower garden in Indiana!! I was happy that they had just started blooming when we were there. My aunt has several nifty varieties. Here are just a few:
That last one on the right is a Clementine Rose Columbine.
I chose these as a color guide for my card (they go the best with the MarkerPop challenge colors this month – see below):
What a sweet tea cup full of flowers! To give the flowers a sense of depth, I fussy cut them and a couple of extra plus the robin and an extra egg. I used flower shaping tools to shape them and foam dots to help hold their shape.
I added the little seeds stamp and filled them in with Liquid Pearls… there was even room to poke a seed in her beak. A little Wink of Stella gave some morning dew sparkle to the slower petals and cup.
- Power Poppy Cheerful Columbine stamp and little seeds
- Spellbinders Thoughtful Expressions Thinking of You die set
- Recollections cardstock: white, brown and Blig Bloom (peach)
- Memento Rich Cocoa dye ink
- Copic Markers: B02, 05, 21; C5, FYG1; G05, 09, 24, 82; N4; R20, 22, 32; RV63; V12; W3, 5; Y000, 32; YG17
- Ranger Liquid Pearls Coral & Dark Chocolate
- Pebbles, Inc. Chalks
- Martha Stewart Crafts Florentine Gold Microbeads
- Misc foam dots and pvc glue
I’m playing along in the following hops and challenges – click on any one for more information on how you can join the fun:
- 2018 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Inspired by a Song
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Use >1 Stamp
- Simon Says Stamp Work-It-Wednesday May 2018: Sunshine & Summertime
- Marker Pop Chellenge #136 Summer Fun
Thank you for stopping by today and for sharing your encouraging comments – I always look forward to reading them!
p.s. Any ads you may see are posted by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.