Good morning, dear peeps! I hope you’re having a lovely weekend! This new treatment is giving me a few hours a day of relief from the constant migraines, that’s better than nothing. Hooray!
Nope. Not the Olympics yet…. coming soon! I’ve been working for some time on this current project and am excited to finally be able to show it to you. Every year there is a special meeting for our full-time local Bible teachers and this year I put together some sweet gift sets to let them know how much we love them. Here’s the spread:
Squee! Aren’t they the CUTEST?!! CVS recently had 90% off their candy, so I got chocolates and the lifesavers for a song.
To make the centerpiece, I took a foam half-circle for floral arrangements, poked holes in one end of the lifesaver rolls and folded the tip of a straw to fit up inside, then poked them into the foam base. I added a bow and an inflatable ring from the Dollar store and a little sign (in Portuguese) recognizing that they’re truly life savers!
For the gents, I put together these bags and shoes:
That orange-y leather look is common in Brazil and the embossed football paper and embossed dots gave it the perfect leather look.
They actually hold more than this, but the ladie’s purses only held this much, so to be fair, that’s what’s inside. The chocolates are heavy, so to help the bags stay closed, I added the leather straps and edges from Tim Holtz’ Vintage Valise Sizzix set to Elieen Hull’s Bag/Suitcase. The paper straps go completely around and slide through the front tabs.
The scripture on the shoes is Isaiah 52:7: How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the one bringing good news, The one proclaiming peace, The one bringing good news of something better, The one proclaiming salvation, The one saying to Zion: “Your God has become King!”
I love that there are some brads on the ends to add a little class. Aren’t those Spellbinders Gent’s Shoes super handsome?!! I wish I hadn’t glued down the tips of the tongues… next time I won’t so I can flip them up a bit!!
Let’s move on to the ladies’ purses. I didn’t have enough cardstock do do them matching and these gals love color, so this variety pack was perfect.
I just love pairing those sweet Spellbinders Couture Purses by Stacey Caron with Becca Feeken’s cute Ladies Shoes! When putting buttons on, just remember to put them far enough down for the latch mechanism to work.
I wanted each of these teachers to know that we take note of them, so I included a little note in each purse/bag saying “We all want to be like our God in Hebrews 6:10 (“For God is not unrighteous so as to forget your work and the love you showed for his name by ministering and continuing to minister to the holy ones.”) and, although we might not say it as much as we like: Than you for your fine work in our congregation!”
Gent’s bags & shoes:
- Sizzix Scoreboards Bag, Suitcase die by Eileen Hull
- Sizzix Vintage Valise die by Tim Holtz Alterations
- Spellbinders Wedding Collection: Gents Shoe dies
- Hero Arts dye ink: Mulled Wine (to distress and give the paper a more ‘worn leather’ look)
Bazzil Basics Paper Terra Cotta 2/ 12×12 sheet
The Paper Company Franchise Football – note: I got 4 Pairs of gents shoes from one 12×12 sheet
- Prism Embroidery Craft thread – FYI, one 10 yard skein did all 10 shoes with some left over However, I wasn’t able to get a double strand through my needle so it might take more if you use it as shown in Becca’s instruction video.
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Misc. brads and chocolates (note… I highly recommend having extra chocolates on hand to fuel the crafter!! lol!)
Ladies’ purses and shoes:
- Spellbinders Couture Purse Rouge Royale die by Stacey Caron
- Spellbinders Wedding Collection: Ladies Shoedies by Becca Feeken
- DCWV Blossoms Butterflies Stack – I was able to get one purse and a pair of shoes out of one 12″ x 12″ sheet even taking into account patterns.
- Jessee James Dress It Up Vintage Pearls buttons
- Recollections faux pearls
- Aileene’s Original Tacky Glue
- The corners of the note inside of the ladies’ purses were cut and embossed with a Fiskars Joy of Spring 4 in 1 Corner Emboss punch
I’m playing along with the following challenges.Click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Take Note
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Add a Die Cut
- Simon Says Stamp Work-it-Wednesday Challenge January 2018: Love
- Cropstop February Challenge – Linky Party #37 – Anything Goes (Aleene’s, Bazzill, Fiskars, Sizzix, Spellbinders)
- The House That Stamps Built Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge F1418 the ladies purses and shoes fit two rows: the diagonal of Die Cut/Punch, Patterned Paper and Pastel Colors (some) and the bottom row of Die Cut/Punch, Buttons, Flowers (on the buttons and papers)
Thank you for stopping by today and for your kind comments. I always read them and find them encouraging!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.