Meow! Which, in cat, is as ambiguous as Aloha in Hawaiian.
Hello, again! Good morning, and welcome to the first Cat Lovers Hop put on by Janice and her four-legged friends over at Her Peaceful Garden.
You can read all the details about the hop – like how to play and who the fab sponsors are – HERE. Be sure to read all the way to the end of this post for an additional surprise!
My first card happens to feature a couple of the sponsors’ kitty products –
Naughty Newton from Newton’s Nook and Graphic 45’s Raining Cats and Dogs:
(click on photo to enlarge)
Every cat owner who had (past tense!) mini-blinds knows they don’t last long with cats around! >^.^< Naughty Newton is no exception – he’s all wrapped up in ’em trying to get at whatever it is he sees in that window!! There are even a couple of Graphic 45 cats framed as pictures on the wall in Newton’s house. : )
Newton is right at home in this house full of kitties… If you’ll notice in the background by the carved wooden kitty there are even cat-tails and pussy willows!
- Newton’s Nook stamp sets: Naughty Newton & Boo Crew
- Graphic 45 Raining Cats & Dogs Four-Legged Friend paper
- Spellbinders dies:
- Window two
- Fancy Framed Tags one
- Copic Markers: C1, 3, 5; E79; YR 21, 24
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Coredinations cardstock
- Craft Smith card
- Recollections faux pearls
- I love how you can use Copic markers to make your pearls match any project!
- Piccolo Flower Curls
- Offray ribbon
- Misc. wire, beads, twine, metal frames, cardstock, adhesives.
*********** giveaway now closed ***************
Now, for more fun… What’s a hop without a few extra little giveaways? I have a small cat lovers BLOG CANDY package up for grabs!
A ‘Life’s better with a Cat magnet, a foot of paw print ribbon and a couple of kitty embellishments for your next cat card.
If you’d like to have a chance at winning this little package, pay close attention: Leave ONE comment on this post telling me: What is your favorite type of cat? before 11:59 p.m. PACIFIC time, Sunday, November 1, 2015. If you don’t tell me your favorite type of cat, I’ll assume you’re not interested in the blog candy. If you are (or become) a follower of this blog, you can make a SECOND comment telling me so for an additional entry. On November 2, 2015 I will use Mr. Random org to draw a winner from the comments that qualify and TRY to announce it here on the blog. I will be in an area with spotty internet, so if there is no announcement on November 2nd, I will announce the winner on November 10, 2015. The winner will have 72 hours to contact me with their snail-mail address or another winner will be chosen.
I’m joining the fun at these hops and challenges:
- The Cat Lovers Hop: http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-cat-lovers-hop-is-here.html
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Throwback I went back to April’s In the Middle challenge (HERE) and put my focal point, Newton, both in the middle of the page and in the middle of the mini-blinds! http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3130
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Wrap it Up (both for the paw-print ribbon wrapping the card and for Newton being wrapped up in the blinds!) http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-wrap-it-up/
I can’t believe I didn’t look at Newton’s Nook’s current challenge to make this fit, but I’ve been wanting to make this card for a long time. Perhaps I can play along next time. Anyway, if YOU want to join the fun over at Newton’s Nook, here’s the link: http://www.newtonsnookblog.com/2015/10/inky-paws-challenge-26-color-challenge.html
Before I leave, I thought I’d add some fun little kitty comics as I always love to see what ones Janis has on her blog. Here are today’s – so apropos:
Thanks for stopping by today. I look forward to seeing you here all week for more fun kitty cards!
**** Edited to add: Thank you for the honor of being spotted by Newton’s Nook! ****
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.