Hello and welcome back to see my cards for day 3 of My Favorite Things Camp Create: Spectacular Shakers:
For a long time I’ve been wanting to do these candy jar shakers, so I made a batch of them. I got the lid slightly lopsided, which made me giggle as it reminded me of the candy jar my aunt always put in my room when I stayed with her. Mom’s rule was not go meddling, so I never peeked in the dresser drawers or anything. But I knew that candy jar was there for me, so I’d sneak a piece now and then and sometimes, to be quiet, the lid didn’t always get back on straight. : )
As you can tell from this pic, I didn’t get the ‘crystal’ filling all the way to the back of the card and the pieces can get up in there and, since it’s tight, they can get stuck. I should have thought to put adhesive over the dried ‘crystal’ filling. Next time…
I also did a couple with jelly beans. You can see I had the same trouble, this time with the bottom, too, so it doesn’t look nearly as full as many went down into the bottom. sigh. Live and learn!
I like how those embossed lines add texture and make a ‘table’ for the jar and candies.
Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at how they went together…
I intend to get some real mints and jelly beans to go with these cards for a fun gift!
- My Favorite Things Candy Jars Die-namics and Candy Jar Additions Stamps
- Core’dinations cardstock: white, blue, green, orange, pink, purple, red, yellow
- Core’dinations 110# cardstock (for base)
- Misc. Acetate
- Silly Winks Sticky Back 2mm Foam Sheets
- Memento Dye Inks: Dandelion, Pear Tart, Summer Sky
- Tsukineko VersaMagic Chalk Ink: Red Magic
- Papertrey Ink Dye Inks: Lilac Garden, Lovely Lady, Summer Sunrise
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Glitter Accents: Fresh Snowfall
- Tsukineko Versamark Ink
- Hampton Arts red embossing powder
- Recollections Neon Opaque embossing powder: Neon Pink
- Scotch quick-dry tacky adhesive
- Tombow Xtreme permanent adhesive
This earns the third badge from Camp Create:
I’m entering these cards in the following hops and contests. Click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
There’s still more to come from this fun ‘camp,’ so be sure to check back!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.