Surprise! Betcha thought I wouldn’t be back today. Me neither, but my morning plans fell through and, after so much caffeine from the green tea yesterday I was up late last night fiddling around with another project, so here I am posting it.
Let’s talk about that cute Spellbinders purse first. That little purse, like any truly good women’s purse, holds a lot more than you’d think! Yes, the three Starbucks Via and two Ghirardelli chocolates all fit inside and let it latch closed just fine!
Speaking of the latch, I thought I’d gussy mine up and put a mini teacup charm on top of it. Fortunately, I just happened to have put it high enough for the latch to still work. (Note to self: remember to leave room for the latch to bend and fit in place if putting a decorative piece on top next time!)
I just love these beautiful papers from K & Company! I cut out some of the butterflies, wrapped their wings around a small paint brush handle for dimension and added some shimmer to them.
For the card, I used the sweet free digis from Verve Stamps – Thank you, Julee! (Click the pic or HERE to get them.) For those of you dinosaurs like me, digis are digital images you can print from your computer – like what we used to call ‘clip-art’ in the previous century!
I followed Verve’s Mojo Monday challenge sketch, too.
The double meaning of the sentiment with this gift set makes me giggle! I love how the shimmer on the blue butterfly makes it look like the real life Morpho Adonis butterfly.
The inside says: ‘May your burdens be light and your coffee strong.’ Hmmm… from this angle, that coffee with the lines reminds me of a kitty… maybe next time Julee will do up a coffee kitty digi for us… (hint-hint, Julee!!)
I used some vellum leaves for the ‘steam’ and added some shimmering bling to the sun.
- Verve Rise & Shine digi set
- Verve Love Everlasting stamp set
- Verve Beautiful Flowers die set
- Spellbinders Purse contour die, Exquisite Labels Eleven dies
- JustRite Spellbinders Vintage Labels 7 dies
- EK Success: K & Company Susan Winget Floral designer paper pad
- Core’dinations Parisian Nights A2 pink card and white & pink cardstock
- The Paper Studio printed vellum
- Memento dye inks: Pear Tart and London Fog
- Copic markers: R20; Y17, 28, 32; YG61; YR26
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen – clear
- Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalks Jewel Tones
- iCraft Therm-o-Web Easy Tear Tape 1/4″
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Bead Landing Pemberly teacup charm
- Viva Decor Perlen Pen – Ice White (to fill charm hole in saucer)
- E6000 adhesive
- Misc. ribbon
I’m playing along with the following challenges… click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun…
- Spring Coffee Lovers Bloghop (both the card and the gift purse)
- Verve Spread a Little Sunshine Challenge
- Mojo Monday #490 challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Work-It-Wednesday: Spring
- Cropstop Linky Party #26: Anything Goes (Aleene’s, Core’dinations, E6000, EKSuccess, Justrite, Memento, Pebbles, Inc, Spellbinders and Viva Decor)
Thank you so much for stopping by and for all your kind comments!!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
pps: Stopped by and gave yesterday’s card to my favorite barista, who was quite pleased. Enabler’s note: Target cartwheel 25% off Fraps is good through Sunday 4/2/17!
Thanks, Angie! You’re paw-some!
Beautiful set today and thanks for sharing the photo of your barista with your card.
This is GORGEOUS, D’Ann! Happy Starbucks!!! I’m heading out there in a few minutes. YUM!!! I’m gonna get a Trenti Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher….and I can’t wait!!!
WoW what beauties D.Ann!
Such a beautiful creation!! I love the pretty butterflies!!
What a great gift set and wonderful you gave this to your favorite barista, She looks very happy.
awwwwwww…love your coordinating gift set. That purse is awesome.
You’re such a great customer! That’s so sweet of you!
Oh, how sweet!
Love the purse, goodies inside and the great card.
Fantastic!!!! Your purse is just awesome, love the fabulous card too! So creative!
D.Ann, you always amaze me with your wonderful projects! A sweet purse, gorgeous papers and beautifully embellished digi…and then CANDY!! Those raspberry ones are my very favorite..yum! Love the photo of your barista with her special thank you.
Absolutely gorgeous set, D.Ann. Love the shabby chic vibe. And that purse, too cute!!
Such gorgeous details, love your projects!
This is a fabulous gift set! I love the pretty papers you used and that teacup is absolutely adorable!
Oh my goodness!!!! What amazing finale!!! I’m in love for your stunning creations!!!
oh wow! stunning projects!
Super cute little card set.
Oh, wow, am loving that gift purse and matching card! What a sweet take on the mojo sketch! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge this week!
Wow! Such a lovely gift set! I adore that mini purse your made with it’s tiny tea-cup latch! So pretty and creative! Thanks for linking up to the Cropstop blog with these beautiful projects!
Gorgeous, beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
This is such a delightful set! Love those sweet, shimmery butterflies and all the lovely details.