Hi, all! I’m excited to show you today’s project!! I have a friend who loves cats and she likes mermaids, too… in fact she and her husband like watching some of the Austrailian mermaid shows. So this card was just purr-fect for her. The timing was also perfect as the current Inky Paws Challenge #78 is: Summer/Beach Theme.
Here we go….
I know, right?!! CATs as mermaids… everyone has dreams! I love the ombre blues leading back to that fabulous wave. (which, together with the sun and birds fits the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Make Your Own Background.) All the layers made it easy to stack in a tropical coconut drink,, sand dollar, starfish and a crab in a fishing net to give the scene added depth. I even stuck a cat’s paw shell on the front, along with a baby scallop shell.
The current Emerald Creek Dare is The Great Outdoors #27-40, and this fits perfectly since in Florida the Great outdoors is definitely at the beach! For the mermaids’ tails, I used Rita Barakat ‘s new Magical Mysteries – Mermaid Fin embossing powder by Emerald Creek Craft Supplies in Canada. (Watch THIS page for them… coming soon! (Not wanting to wait, I got mine from Rita’s shop.)) I did the tail diving into the water first and was disappointed that a lot of it came out clear (but it was still nifty)…. Seems I hadn’t mixed it up well enough and the second one looks just fin… I mean fine! : )
Look carefully at the angle of the tail in back diving into that fabulous wave… now turn the card around to the back for the surprise….
There she is coming out the other side! : ) By the way… my friend AND her husband loved it! In her thank-you note she said: A. immediately put it on display in our family room, which is high honor from a guy who won’t let anything extra sit out to clutter the room!
The other cool thing is that this card is collapsible and can fold down flat for shipping:
- Newton’s Nook Designs stamp sets:
- Purr-maid Newton (kitty mermaids, seahorse and purr-maids sentiment)
- Aloha Newton (tropical coconut drink)
- Paradise Palms (sun & birds)
- Tranquil Tides (starfish, sand dollar, crab, bubbles and Seas the Day sentiment)
- Newton’s Nook Designs Hibiscus Die Set
- Emerald Creek Magical Mysteries – Mermaid Fin embossing powder by Rita Barakat (coming soon HERE)
- Spellbinders 3D Vignettes by Becca Feeken Grand Cabinet 3D Card dies
- Spellbinders Palm Trees & Belly Band 2 dies
- The Ton Wave stamp set
- My Sentiments Exactly Back of Card Set
- Recollections 110# cardstock Ocean & Blue Skies packs
- Recollections 65# cardstock: white, green, tan & gray
- Colorbox The Paper Company mulberry paper
- Hero Arts dye inks: Aquatic, India Black, Pool, Soft Granite
- Hero Arts pigment ink: Unicorn
- Hero Arts embossing powders: White Puff & Sand
- Tsukineko Versamark Ink
- Ranger Inkssentials embossing pen
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxide – wild honey
- WoW! Pearl Gold Sparkle & Vintage Peacock embossing powders
- Judikins Extreme Peacock mbossing powder
- Spectrum Noir Metallic markers: Burnished Copper, Gold Nugget, Gold Plate
- Copic Markers E23, 71, 97, G02, 82 YG17
- Sakura Pigma Micron 01 black
- Ranger Stickles: glam pink, pink taffeta
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Misc. foam adhesive and seashells from Sanibel Island, FL
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- Newton’s Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #78 – Summer/Beach Theme
- Emerald Creek Dares: The Great Outdoors #27 – 40 (using Mystery Magicals Mermaid Fin)
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make Your Own Background
- A to Z Scrapbooking August 2018 Challenge: Anything Goes (Hero Arts inks & embossing powders)
- CropStop August Linky Party #42: Anything Goes (Aleenes, Pigma, Ranger, Spectrum Noir, Spellbinders, Tim Holtz, Tsukineko, WoW!)
I always enjoy reading your comments… thanks for taking the time to leave ’em!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.