Popping back in with a darling pop-up card for the Cat Lovers Hop.
The current Art Impressions Challenge is Add Embellishments. My embellishing starts with paper… I chose this weathered wood paper to look like the exterior of a house.
Note to self: don’t tack down the bottom of the background paper on the front of the card until AFTER cutting the slits for pop-up mechanism… BELIEVE me, it’s better!! : )
On the ‘wall’ I hung some Graphic 45 ‘pictures’ and there are ribbon ‘curtains.’ I love the realistic antics of these stamped kittens whether they’re getting into everything or snoozing away!! A perfect fit for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Animal Antics and the Lost Coast Designs & Carmen’s Veranda Challenge #63 Cats & Dogs!
There is some twine to make the yarn ball more realistic. For the ribbed ‘wood baseboards’, I took a thin strip of kraft paper and scored along it every 1/8″, then shaved an 1/8″ piece perpendicular to the scoring.
Add a few well placed “meows”, including one for the extra kitty who’s managed to get in behind the vanity, climb up the back, and is mischievously about to bat at the roses!
Embellishing also means bling… foil for the mirror, glossy accents for the vase and eyes and loads of Sparkle Pen to add shine to the purse, fur stole, hat and roses. Oh, and don’t forget to embellish the envelope with a few stamps, too. : )
Here’s a video of the card in action *click in the middle of the picture on the white arrow)
- Art Impressions: PopCards Kitten Vanity stamps & dies
- Art Impressions 3D PopCard Template & Window dies
- Spellbinders Conversation Bubble 1 die
- DCWV boxed card set
- Recollections turquoise wood plank paper
- Recollections kraft & white cardstock
- Spellbinders Platinum Pack 3 Poster Board gold
- G45 Raining Cats & Dogs chipboard
- Tsukineko Tuxedo Black & Desert Sand (env.) dye ink
- Brutus Monroe Alabaster pigment ink
- Copic markers: BG13, 72; C3, E25, 31, 55, 71; G24, 82 R02, 20, 22, 24; RV02; W1; Y13; YG 61; YR02, 24
- Shuttle Art gel pens
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen – clear
- Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- DecoArt foil transfer sheet – silver
- Deco Art adhesive pen
- E6000 glue
- Simply Defined Permanent Plus Adhesive
- Wyla lace
- Misc. acetate from packaging & twine
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- 2018 Cat Lovers Hop
- Art Impressions #242: Add Embellishments
- Updated 10/25/18 I’m so honored to have been chosen as their Top Pick!!
- Simon Says Stamp Work-It-Wednesday: August/September Celebrating Stamping – favorite Stamping technique (Stamp, die cut & layer!)
- Lost Coast Designs & Carmen’s Veranda Challenge #63 Cats & Dogs (which I found from the Cat Lovers Hop!… LOVE the stamp featured on their DT sample!)
I always appreciate your kind comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave them!!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.