Welcome to my final post for the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop! Yes, your inboxes will finally get a break from this cat card blitz. >^.^< Wohoo! We’ve surpassed our previous record and have over 200 entries in the hop already this year and there’s still half a day to go!!
This card sums up my feelings about the Cat Lovers Hop pretty well!
For a change, I’m going to start with the back of the card:
Knowing me, I’ll probably write a few funny lines back here like, “I wonder where I put the car keys?” or “I wonder where I left my glasses?” : )
When you open it up, it becomes a stand-up card easel-y (I just HAD to put the pun in!) using that pretty easel base by Anna Griffin, :
To get the leaves filled out with some depth and texture, I die cut the ornate frame and then embossed it into some green cardstock, too. I fussy cut along the outside, cutting straight across the top where the easel die would be attached. Then I affixed the die-cut piece over it and colored it up with chalks.
To hold the card in place, I put some felt cobblestones on the path. Tah-dah!
I was going to color Tigger, but thought it might be easier to just cut out the parts I would need in the corresponding colors and emboss the background for his stripes. It involved a little bit of fussy cutting but looks grrreat (oops! wrong tiger!).
Here he is bobbing around in all his glory on that tail that’s made out of springs… Bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!:
- Character World: Disney, Winnie the Pooh: Tigger die
- Anna Griffin Ornate Frames & Easy Easel dies
- Mama Elephant Hooray die
- Technique Tuesday DIY Say It Hugs
- Recollections 100# cream cardstock,
- Core’dinations 65# black, green, pink, orange & yellow cardstock
- Spellbinders Platinum Pack 3 poster board – gold
- Simon Says Stamp Action Wobble mini spring
- Anna Griffin Pretty Prose vellum sticker quotes
- Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalks Jewel Tones
- Creatology embossed felt – cobblestone copper canyon
- Aleene’s Original Tacky glue
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- 2018 Cat Lovers Hop
- CropStop Linky Party #44 Anything Goes Aleene’s, Core’dinations, Pebbles, Ranger,Spectrum Noir, Tonic Studios and Tsukineko
Well, that brings the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop to a close – for me, anyway…. this cat’s tuckered out! Don’t forget to get your comments in for all of the giveaways before 11:59pm Sunday, October 27, 2018. For those of you counting the Spellbinders dies used, this completes my projects (Hint: there were non used on this card. lol!) I had someone ask if it was dies or sets, so I’ll clarify: It’s the number of different SETS. You can tell them apart by their names! Please be sure to look at my actual blog posts and not your email versions as I had to update a couple. Sorry.
TTFN (for those who don’t know, that’s Ta-Ta For Now from Tigger (and me))
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.