Hello, again! I’m back with another fun cocoa card:
I love that sweet sentiment: Friends are marshmallows in the cocoa of life!
The layers were inspired by Kraftin’ Kimmie’s December Layout (you KNOW they didn’t come from plain Jane me!) and the colors came from Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge: Ice Inspiration:
Did you know how easy it is to DIY your own glitter cardstock colors if you don’t have the right one? I just took a Copic marker to some gold glitter cardstock and instantly had the olive color I needed:
I also added some bling to the girls’ hair ornaments and mugs with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen. Oh, and I couldn’t resist adding chocolate mustaches from the cocoa! : )
I even added a little decoration on the inside:
- Spellbinders dies: Opulent Ovals, Gold Labels One, Snowflake View
- Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps: Cocoa Friends & Beary Big Hugs (mug)
- Memento dye inks: Tuxedo Black and London Fog (inside)
- Copic Markers:
- Auburn Hair: E04, 25, 37; R39
- Blonde Hair: E11, 31; Y24, 32
- Rest: C1, 3, 5; E000, 00, 02, 13, 25, 74; G99; R20; RV19, 34; YG63 W1, 3, 5
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen – Clear
- Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalks Jewel Tones
- Core’dinations cardstock: White, Gray
- DCWV Glitzy Glitter cardstock stack fuchsia, gold and silver
- Misc. Adhesive
I’m playing along with the following hops and challenges… click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun!
- Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps Saturday Challenge #161 – Clean & Simple with a Sentiment
- Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes
- 2016 Winter Coffee Lovers Hop
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Let There Be Snow
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Ice Inspiration:
A special thanks to all you dear sweet marshmallows in my life!! : )
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
Very cute. I like your coloring and all the sparkle. Thanks for the tip on coloring glitter card stock.
D.ann tu tarjeta de la amistad es muy carinosa, brinda una calurosa amistad . Buena idea . Maryk
Oh my! Such a delightful card!! i love so much the frame!!! ❤
Awesome glittery goodness…gotta love those copics!
Oh too cute!
What a sweet fun and whimsy filled card, thank you for sharing
Gorgeous card D Ann, the image is fabulous and I love the decorative border and icy details 🙂
thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Lols x x x
So cute and I love the die you cut the card with!
Such a sweet card!
This is just adorable and what a great tip about coloring glitter card stock!
Such a sweet little image and love the die you used for the card.
That IS a really cute sentiment. And image, too. Lovely card.
very beautiful card!
Such a cute card and sentiment.
Darling card with a beautiful border.
What an adorably sweet card!
Such a pretty card! Love all of that glitter! And that border!!
Love your beautiful Christmas card! The image is so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. 🙂
What an adorable card.