Hello and welcome back!
I have been anxious to share this fun card and story with you and am happy I finally have the chance. One evening near the end of April, while in Indiana, we left my cousin’s home after supper and suddenly mom hollered, “stop the car!” Her eagle eyes had spotted some morel mushrooms alongside the road. These delectable delicacies are a favorite of ours, but have a short season and usually require hours tromping through the woods to find, so we rarely get to enjoy them anymore. We counted about 16 right there near the road.
We called my cousin to let her know where they were so she could get them, as they were on her property. Fortunately, her husband (who, I hear, doesn’t particularly care for mushrooms) answered the phone and said, ‘you guys go ahead and take them!’ (Actually, my cousin is such a sweetheart, I know she’d’ve said the same thing.)
As we got out of the car and started hunting, we kept finding more and more and, in a span of just a few short minutes, ended up with a mess of about 46! Best mushrooming EVER!! Thanks, cuz!!
The largest was over 4″! They fried up nicely and were absolutely DELICIOUS!!
Oh, I’m also going to show you a picture of some wild violets up there… in a minute you’ll see why…
Now, how do you thank such a generous sacrifice? Well, Power Poppy has a fabulous morel mushroom stamp that was just perfect:
They look so REAL!! And Becca Feeken’s fabulous Annabelle’s Trousseau die makes a lovely open lacework base for it! I may have to make a whole set of these in the near future!!
- Power Poppy Wild Mushrooms stamp set
- Spellbinders Annabelle’s Trousseau die from the Chantilly Paper Lace collection
- Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3 (with ends snipped off)
- Core’dinations cardstock: white, purple, kraft
- Tsukineko Memento dye ink: Rich Cocoa
- Copic Markers: B02; BV00, 02; C1; E31, 33, 51G02, 82; V17, 25; Y000, 02, 13; YG17
- Foray Stylemark pen .5mm purple
- Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalks – jewel tones
- Ranger Adirondack Dimensional Pearls: Eggplant
- Misc. adhesives
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- Power Poppy Power & Spark Challenge: Round and Round (all edges are rounded on this… even the triangle cutouts!)
I’m glad you stopped by today! Thanks for leaving your encouraging comments!
p.s. Any ads you may see are posted by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.