Hello! In case you couldn’t tell from the title, today we’re going to focus on tulips. While in Indiana this spring, I saw fringed tulips, parrot tulips and other hybrid tulips for the first time and fell in love! Here are just a few my cousin’s wife has in her garden:
Ah, the beauties of the great outdoors! They’re such a delight to behold and reminded me of the Quietfire stamp that I used for the inside of my card:
Some people, life flowers, give pleasure just by being!
Inspired by those beauties, I used my Polychromos to color up a frilly jumbo tulip by Stampendous for my card:
FYI, the third largest frame in Spellbinders 5×7 Matting Basics B perfectly fits the inner rectangle area inside the pierced dots of the Bella Rose Lattice die, allowing for the white corners. The sentiment is embossed on acetate which I adhered with ‘Stacey Tape.’ The embossing on the tulip is a custom mix…
I mixed Stampendous Pomegranite Opaque with Fran-Tage Opaque Shabby White. I love the mottled look and the flecks of shiny gold!
Since the Serendipity Floral Butterfly wouldn’t fit, I cut off one of its wings (and used the pieces on the inside). To highlight the tulips in the wings, I added Nuvo Crystal drops to them. To finish off, I made a matching envelope:
- Stampendous Jumbo Tulip and Jumbo Thank You stamps
- Spellbinders Chantilly Paper Lace Collection by Becca Feeken
- Bella Rose Lattice Layering Frame
- Lunette Arched Borders
- Spellbinders Card Creator 5×7 Matting Basics B
- Serendipity Stamps Floral Butterfly die
- Quietfire Design Garden Delights stamp set
- Tsukineko Versamark ink
- Stampendous Fran-tage Opaque Shabby White embossing powder
- Stampendous Merlot kit – Pomegranite Opaque embossing powder
- Inkadinkado black embossing powder
- Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils: Cadmium Yellow; Light Chrome Yellow; Delft Blue; Dark Red, Madder
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops – gloss red berry
- Tsukineko Memento dye ink – Tuxedo Black
- Recollections cardstock: white, blue; silver glitter & shimmering red
- Brutus Monroe Alabaster pigment ink
- SMS ‘Stacey Tape’
- Scotch tape runner
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Red, White and/or Blue
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Red White and/or Blue
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday June 2018: The Great Outdoors
As always, I thank you for the comments you’ve been leaving… it’s always a tread to read them!
p.s. Any ads you may see are posted by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.