Hello, all! I HAVE been busy, just not with crafting lately. I’m popping in now with a quick post of a pair of cards I made using Spellbinders dies and Die Cuts and More Stencils.
The November DCAM (Die Cuts and More) challenge is to use stencils and at least three of these colors:
That works well with Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge: Trio-tastic.
And they just happen to go perfectly with Marker Pop’s color Challenge #109 to pick 3 of:
I decided to use one of DCAM’s new Two-Step stencils, using an ombre inking of Memento’s Rhubarb Stalk on the first step and some Gelatos mixed into whipped spackle on step two:
I had leftover spackle, so decided to tri a different angle. (Yes, I admit, it’s a vague and terrible pun!)
Inking the butterfly diecut with Rhubarb Stalk before removing it from the die added extra interest. I was pleased with how the Spellbinders curved borders die made a great banner. For dimension, I just folded the scallops up a bit.
At first, I was just going to have the butterfly on there, but it needed a flower. I wanted something to go with the banner, so I pulled cut a scalloped circle, cut it in half and folded it at each valley toward the center of the circle. Then I took a couple of Copic markers to emphasize the petals. You’d never know it wasn’t a flower die!
So… which one do you like better… the ombre triangles going straight across or the solid ones at an angle? I kind of like the latter one a bit better… glad I had the extra spackle that made me try it!
- Die Cuts and More: Tri-Elegant two-step stencil
- Spellbinders dies: A2 Curved Borders One Card Creator, Classic Scalloped Circles, and Wings of Hope
- Die-Versions Sweet Wordlets: Thinking of You
- Memento dye ink: Rhubarb Stalk
- Copic Markers YR 21 & 24
- Faber-Castell Gelatos – Gold
- Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle
- Core’dinations Foundations cardstock Canvas Texture – Golden
- Core’dinations Gemstons Cardstock – Quartz
- Coredinations cardstock – White
- DCWV card base
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L EZ Runner permanent adhesive
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Misc. foam squares
I’ll be entering these cards in the following challenges (either linked to this post or to Instagram). Click on any of them for more info on how you can join the fun:
- DCAM (Die Cuts and More) November challenge
- Edited to add:
- Thank you, DCAM, for the honor of being chosen as your international winner!
- Edited to add:
- Marker POP! Challenge #109 Color
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Trio-Tasic (3 colors/3 words)
- Crop Stop Linky Party #22: Anything Goes
- (They carry Spellbinder, Memento & Core’doinations)
I’m glad you could stop by today! The Winter Coffee Lover’s hop is coming up in just a couple of weeks, so I’ll look forward to seeing you then, if not before.
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
I love both cards, D. Anne, but if I had to choose one it would be the second one. Love the curved die, the colours and your pun! x
This is great. Thank you or playing at DCAM
Liebe D.Ann wunderschön . Marabillosa mariposa .liebe grüße . Maryk
Loved your work, the background looks good along with the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at DCAM.
Absolutely love the way you have used the stencil. Thank you for participating in DCAM challenge.
Wow, I love all the different techniques you used, and the texture you added with the triangle stencils. The curved border die makes a fabulous banner for your sentiment and I love how you added extra dimension on both the border and butterfly by curving the paper. Both versions are beautiful but I agree that the one with the triangles at an angle is even more intriguing and full of movement.
Beautiful!Thanks for joining Die cuts And More challenge ^_^
This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the MarkerPOP challenge!