Welcome to the first day of the 2016 Winter Coffee Lovers Hop!
For most of you, winter = snow. Here in Florida, it just means more people as y’all come down here on vacation to get away from that cold white stuff and to stick your toes in the warm sand! 😄
When I first saw this cute Florida scene from Sweet Stamp Shop, I immediately noticed the building that looked like a coffee cup. I’m sure if a coffee lover had a building like that they’d paint it with a green circle and swizzle stick, don’tcha think? A true coffee house!
I gave the waves some dimensional whitecaps with a Texture Gems pen and added lots of sparked to the mermaid’s tail with the Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen. I used Wink of Stella for a little less flashy sparkle in her hair and on the boat. I like the Texture Gems dimensional golden coconuts, too (tho they’re blurry in this close-up).
I also drug it through the sun before the ink was dry to get the effect of sun rays or solar flares/prominences.
Simon Says Stamp’s current Work-it-Wednesday challenge is to use dies for DieCember(TM). To get the lovely open scrollwork edges, I just cut the Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles die twice and glued them together at the top.
It opens with just a shadow of palm trees inside and plenty of space for a message.
- Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles dies
- Sweet Stamp Shop: Sunshine State & Hello Florida stamp sets
- Recollections Big Bloom cardstock pack & white cardstock
- Memento dye inks: London Fog, Pear Tart
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens: N55, 65, 89; 055, 090, 158, 177, 195, 296, 373, 443, 451, 533, 565, 603, 673, 725, 761, 850, 856, 905, 933, 942, 985
- Zig Wink of Stella
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle – Clear
- Faber-Castell Texture Gems – White & Gold
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L EZ Runner permanent adhesive
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
I’m playing along with the following hops and challenges… click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun!
- 2016 Winter Coffee Lovers Hop
- Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday November 2016: Dies
- Crop Stop Linky Party #22: Anything Goes (Spellbinders, Memento)
I’m looking forward to seeing you again as the hop continues. Hopefully I’ll get a small bit of blog candy together for you, so do check back!
I’m off now to see what’s out there already… it’s always a treat to see so many talented entries.
Thanks for stopping by!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.