Hello, all! I HAVE been busy, just not with crafting lately. I’m popping in now with a quick post of a pair of cards I made using Spellbinders dies and Die Cuts and More Stencils.
The November DCAM (Die Cuts and More) challenge is to use stencils and at least three of these colors:
That works well with Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge: Trio-tastic.
And they just happen to go perfectly with Marker Pop’s color Challenge #109 to pick 3 of:
I decided to use one of DCAM’s new Two-Step stencils, using an ombre inking of Memento’s Rhubarb Stalk on the first step and some Gelatos mixed into whipped spackle on step two:
I had leftover spackle, so decided to tri a different angle. (Yes, I admit, it’s a vague and terrible pun!)
Inking the butterfly diecut with Rhubarb Stalk before removing it from the die added extra interest. I was pleased with how the Spellbinders curved borders die made a great banner. For dimension, I just folded the scallops up a bit.
At first, I was just going to have the butterfly on there, but it needed a flower. I wanted something to go with the banner, so I pulled cut a scalloped circle, cut it in half and folded it at each valley toward the center of the circle. Then I took a couple of Copic markers to emphasize the petals. You’d never know it wasn’t a flower die!
So… which one do you like better… the ombre triangles going straight across or the solid ones at an angle? I kind of like the latter one a bit better… glad I had the extra spackle that made me try it!
- Die Cuts and More: Tri-Elegant two-step stencil
- Spellbinders dies: A2 Curved Borders One Card Creator, Classic Scalloped Circles, and Wings of Hope
- Die-Versions Sweet Wordlets: Thinking of You
- Memento dye ink: Rhubarb Stalk
- Copic Markers YR 21 & 24
- Faber-Castell Gelatos – Gold
- Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle
- Core’dinations Foundations cardstock Canvas Texture – Golden
- Core’dinations Gemstons Cardstock – Quartz
- Coredinations cardstock – White
- DCWV card base
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L EZ Runner permanent adhesive
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Misc. foam squares
I’ll be entering these cards in the following challenges (either linked to this post or to Instagram). Click on any of them for more info on how you can join the fun:
I’m glad you could stop by today! The Winter Coffee Lover’s hop is coming up in just a couple of weeks, so I’ll look forward to seeing you then, if not before.
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.