Well, I managed to get one post done. Let’s hope the rest roll smoothly.
This was my first time trying to do a fine watercolor with my Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens… I still need MUCH more practice with watercolors, but here’s the finished product:
I love Frangipanis! They’re so exotic and make me think of travelling to Hawaii and the Orient. Here in Florida, they’re mostly yellow and white. In South America we had more pink/orange/yellow, like these. I also fell in love with the bright and colorful toucans in South America. The ones I came across were quite gregarious and would follow you if you walked away. This stamp set just makes me smile with fond memories! : )
I am very thankful that I have a Tombow Mono Sand Eraser… a couple of times I had disasters where my colors bled terribly out into the background. After panicking, I blotted the area and, when dry, used the eraser — you can hardly tell where the spots are – and, no, it’s not where the sentiment is… that actually looks fine in real life… don’t know why it looks funky in the pic — crazy!
Badge #3 earned!
- My Favorite Things BB Polynesian Paradise stamp set
- Canson Cold Press Watercolor paper
- Recollections Shimmer card
- Memento dye ink – Tuxedo Black
- Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens: 010, 022, 025, 026, 031, 032, 050, 093, 095
- Recollection Shimmer Card
- Tombow adhesive dots, Tombow Xtreme permanent adhesive and Tombo Mono Sand Eraser
If you want to play along, with this or the other challenges I’m entering below, just click on the description for more information.
- My Favorite Things Camp Create – Wonderful Watercolor
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday – SUNSHINE
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – World Traveler
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Animal Magic
- Virginia’s View Challenge #22 – All About Colors
- CropStop Linky Party #17 – Anything Goes
I’ll be right back with another post…
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.