A hearty welcome to both new and regular visitors stopping by today!
If you were here yesterday, you know there are a several fun blog hops and challenges going on this weekend…
- The SUMMER COFFEE LOVERS BLOG HOP (clickHERE for more info)
- the WATERCOLOR BLOG HOP hosted by PRETTY PINK POSH (click HERE for more info.)
- TheDailyMarker.com‘s 30 DAY COLORING CHALLENGE (click HERE for more info.)
Todays card also took inspiration from
- Newton’s Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #21 – Color (click HERE for more info.) Newton’s Nook is a Super Sponsor of the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!
- This week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Royal (click HERE for more info.) Simon Says Stamp is a Sponsor for both the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and Pretty Pink Posh’s Watercolor Blog Hop!
Anyone can join these fun events, so head on over and check them out!… But, wait! You’ll want to go there AFTER you’ve gotten to the end of my post as there is a blog candy giveaway! (I”ll put the links at the bottom of this post too.)
As those of you on Instagram know, this card started out with a disaster… I had picked up a watercolor card pack on clearance and was trying the ‘smoosh’ method with some dye inks, but as it dried, it started flaking and peeling. Whaaat?! Then I reread the box… DUH it was watercolor ‘texture’ PRINTER paper. Argh! (Note to self: always read FIRST!). However, I used a spray finish to stop the peeling, stamped and fussy cut a nifty tabby kitty named Newton. So not all was lost! Yay!
Note to tea drinkers and puppy lovers… I love tea and puppies, too. I just thought this naughty, hyperactive kitty needed to be a COFFEE cat with an attitude. >^.^<
I didn’t have flowers the color I wanted, so I took my Copics and colored some white flowers with teal words to give a little summer pop to the card.
- Newton’s Nook Designs – Naughty Newton stamp set
- Spellbinders dies – Tea Cups, Romantic Rectangles
- Heartfelt Creations – China Fragments stamp set
- Papertrey Ink Dye Inks: Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile
- Memento Dye Ink – Tuxedo Black
- Versamark ink
- Inkadinkado Linen White embossing powder
- Copic markers R20, R32, R35
- Prima Calypso flowers
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner & Crafty Foam Tape
- Canson watercolor texture PRINTER paper… hahaha!
- Krylon clear finish
- Misc. cardstock & pearls
- Sentiment was typed & printed off the computer
I’m entering this card in the following blog hops and challenges:
- SUMMER COFFEE LOVERS BLOG HOP summer flowers
- the WATERCOLOR BLOG HOP hosted by PRETTY PINK POSH Watercolor cat
- TheDailyMarker.com‘s 30 DAY COLORING CHALLENGE #thedailymarker30day2
- Newton’s Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #21 – Color Coral Peach Mint (Looks like teal to me, but there is mint in the center of the flowers.)
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Royal Teacups fit for a queen.
If you’d like to play along with any of these, just click on the colored text to go find out what you need to do. Have fun!
Thanks for stopping by today!
**************************** But, WAIT, there’s more!! ****************************
*********** giveaway now closed ***************
For those of you patient enough to get this far, I have a small blog candy package to give away:
As I said yesterday, I figure any coffee loving cardmaker will love these adorable ‘Brewchitecture’ napkins by Jill Seale. One pack is “coffee” the other is “café presse.” And, since we are cardmakers, there’s also a new, small Studio g stamp set: ” delight in little things.” If you would like to have a chance to win this package, all you have to do is leave a comment on any of my blog hop posts from now through June 12, 2015. Of course, I appreciate those who sign up to follow the blog, but it’s not a requirement. From all the comments left on my blog posts from June 5 – 12 that have “Blog candy” in the title, I will announce a winner, selected at random, on June 14, 2015. (This date is revised from my original post.) The winner will have 72 hours to respond, or I will draw another winner.
Have a fun day!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
Super FUN card…love the happy accident!
Thanks for linking up to the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡
Oh boy this is so cute! That little kitty is a mischief maker for sure!
how cute!!! Love the sentiment. TFS
So cute~the cat on the cup!!!
Would love for you to join my blog celebration for a chance to win some blog candy.
Taylormadecards4u – My personal Blog!
Aww…so fun and cute!
Cute card, D.Ann, another sweet cat and cup card! Happy hopping!
Such a cute and fun card with Newton getting into trouble! I love that cup and the pretty white embossing on it!
such a cute card..
Super cute card, he’s really hanging on. Ha!
so cool , what a cute sentiment too !!!
What a cute lil naughty kitty! Love this ♥
What a sweet card. 😀
Oh for a coffee cup large enough to climb into, lol! Great idea for a card; Newton is such a cutie pie. Love happy accidents; this really turned out!
Well disaster is averted! This card is chic and adorable! Love the way you created the pattern on the cat.
Such an unusual sentiment 🙂
What a fun card!
He he he – super cute! I love the kitty on the the coffee cup and the sentiment makes me smile! Thanks so much for linking up to our inky paws challenge!
This is so cute and fun! I love Newton the kitty! What an adorable card! Thanks for the chance to win your candy!
Love a cat with sass and this one surely has that!! So adorable!
A great happy accident, super cute creation with a unique sentiment!
Clever and super creative card – love the premise and it just made me smile so big!! Cute details and awesome images all come together to make this a stellar card!!
Cute card! 🙂
Love the sense of humor!
isn’t that just how it is when you don’t have coffee, like a cat on edge! Fun card!
What a sweet card…love the colors!
This is such a funny and great card, love it. Thank you for the chance to win that awesome blogcandy.
What a fantastic card!! LOVE the kitty and that sentiment!! Thanks for sharing! ~Annie
Happy accidents sometimes make the best cards! Very sweet!
love the kitty, great card, tfs
Oh this is so super cute!
I just love happy accidents! Your card turned out so cute! I love that little kitty.
Lovely, cute and sweet!! TFS!!!
Die Karte Coffe Cat ist sehr süß