A hearty welcome to both new and regular visitors stopping by today!
If you were here yesterday, you know there are a several fun blog hops and challenges going on this weekend…
Todays card also took inspiration from
- Newton’s Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #21 – Color (click HERE for more info.) Newton’s Nook is a Super Sponsor of the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!
- This week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Royal (click HERE for more info.) Simon Says Stamp is a Sponsor for both the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and Pretty Pink Posh’s Watercolor Blog Hop!
Anyone can join these fun events, so head on over and check them out!… But, wait! You’ll want to go there AFTER you’ve gotten to the end of my post as there is a blog candy giveaway! (I”ll put the links at the bottom of this post too.)
As those of you on Instagram know, this card started out with a disaster… I had picked up a watercolor card pack on clearance and was trying the ‘smoosh’ method with some dye inks, but as it dried, it started flaking and peeling. Whaaat?! Then I reread the box… DUH it was watercolor ‘texture’ PRINTER paper. Argh! (Note to self: always read FIRST!). However, I used a spray finish to stop the peeling, stamped and fussy cut a nifty tabby kitty named Newton. So not all was lost! Yay!
Note to tea drinkers and puppy lovers… I love tea and puppies, too. I just thought this naughty, hyperactive kitty needed to be a COFFEE cat with an attitude. >^.^<
I didn’t have flowers the color I wanted, so I took my Copics and colored some white flowers with teal words to give a little summer pop to the card.
- Newton’s Nook Designs – Naughty Newton stamp set
- Spellbinders dies – Tea Cups, Romantic Rectangles
- Heartfelt Creations – China Fragments stamp set
- Papertrey Ink Dye Inks: Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile
- Memento Dye Ink – Tuxedo Black
- Versamark ink
- Inkadinkado Linen White embossing powder
- Copic markers R20, R32, R35
- Prima Calypso flowers
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner & Crafty Foam Tape
- Canson watercolor texture PRINTER paper… hahaha!
- Krylon clear finish
- Misc. cardstock & pearls
- Sentiment was typed & printed off the computer
I’m entering this card in the following blog hops and challenges:
- SUMMER COFFEE LOVERS BLOG HOP summer flowers
- the WATERCOLOR BLOG HOP hosted by PRETTY PINK POSH Watercolor cat
- TheDailyMarker.com‘s 30 DAY COLORING CHALLENGE #thedailymarker30day2
- Newton’s Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #21 – Color Coral Peach Mint (Looks like teal to me, but there is mint in the center of the flowers.)
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Royal Teacups fit for a queen.
If you’d like to play along with any of these, just click on the colored text to go find out what you need to do. Have fun!
Thanks for stopping by today!
**************************** But, WAIT, there’s more!! ****************************
*********** giveaway now closed ***************
For those of you patient enough to get this far, I have a small blog candy package to give away:
As I said yesterday, I figure any coffee loving cardmaker will love these adorable ‘Brewchitecture’ napkins by Jill Seale. One pack is “coffee” the other is “café presse.” And, since we are cardmakers, there’s also a new, small Studio g stamp set: ” delight in little things.” If you would like to have a chance to win this package, all you have to do is leave a comment on any of my blog hop posts from now through June 12, 2015. Of course, I appreciate those who sign up to follow the blog, but it’s not a requirement. From all the comments left on my blog posts from June 5 – 12 that have “Blog candy” in the title, I will announce a winner, selected at random, on June 14, 2015. (This date is revised from my original post.) The winner will have 72 hours to respond, or I will draw another winner.
Have a fun day!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.