Yes, today is the day I reveal the card I’ve been working on and sharing on Instagram this past week.
It’s an anniversary card for a couple who are always quoting the Princess Bride. Fans of the movie will recognize many of the references, but there’s one they might not. Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up (wink wink): He’s always calls her ‘Barbie’, hence Barbie-cup instead of Buttercup. I think they’ll get a kick out of it!
With no further ado… Presenting: The Princess BIRD Anniversary card….
But wait! There’s more!
And a better view of the two sides on the inside:
You should be able to click on any picture to see it larger if you want to. I love how the Darice Wood Grain Background embossing folder makes that mulberry paper look woody!
A little bit of the coloring details:
To keep the watercolors from bleeding through at the edges, I put waxed paper in between. A nice video on doing the trees and hills can be found on Sandy Allnock’s YouTube channel (HERE).
I ended up jazzing up their wings a bit with a gold gel pen… I always love a little bling! : )
Jenn Shurkus recently did a great Periscope video on coloring leaves (you can find more details HERE)… unfortunately these were SO small, it was tough to do, but they turned out ok.
After popping up this guys eyes, I added Wiggly Eyes… Makes his expression just like the average kid’s eyes when there’s kissing. Lol!
If I ever figure out how to get the little video of how the card opens over here from Instagram, I’ll add it in later.
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Framelits Bird Crazy dies
- Sizzix Susan’s Garden Branches & Stem dies and Lilac Flower dies (leaves)
- Darice Wood Grain Background embossing folder
- Copic Markers:
- BG 15, 18, 45
- E 00, 37, 74
- G 02, 05
- R 22, 24
- Y 13, 15, 17
- YG 61
- YR 02, 04, 07, 21, 24
- Kuretake Ganzai Tambi watercolors: #53, 61
- Uniball Gel Impact pen – Gold
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen – Black
- Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor paper
- Colorbok The Paper Company Mulberry paper
- DCWV Once Upon a Time Stack paper
- Darice Past-on Eyes 5mm & 7mm
- Misc white cardstock and adhesives
I’m playing along in the following hops and challenges:
- #thedailymarker30day3 (via instagram), but you can find out more here: http://www.thedailymarker.com/2015/09/the-30-day-coloring-challenge-is-back/
- Marker Pop! Challenge #79 – Anything Goes http://blog.markerpop.com/2015/10/05/markerpop-challenge-79-anything-goes/
- Copic in the Craft Room: (HERE)
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Autumn http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3125
- Winnie & Walter World Card Making Day WCMD 2015: Watercolor with Vanessa http://www.blog.winniewalter.com/2015/10/wcmd-2015-watercolor-with-vanessa.html
Thanks for stopping by today. Stay away from the Fire Swamps and the R.O.U.S.s!
Bye-bye, guys! Have fun stormin’ the castle!!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
Fabulous!!! This certainly is a COUC…..Card of Unusual Creativity!!! Love Princess Bride and love how you included so many of the great lines. Your coloring awesome and the expressions on the birdie faces are just priceless. Wonder scenery, too. Wow wow wow!!! Amazing work! They will LOVE this!!!
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
CAT LOVERS HOP coming Oct.26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!
OMGoodness, so cute and fun! I got a kick out of this!
D Ann die Karte der Príncipe Bird ist eine tolle Idee . Sie werde nicht nur an Ehepaar Freude geben sondern an die ganze Familie . Das schaffen ist ein Triumph . Du kannst stollz dafür zu sein . Maryk.
Translation: The Princess Bird card is a great idea. It will give joy not only to the couple, but to the whole family. Making it is a triumph. You can be sure of it.
this looks fabulous!!!! i think the leaves rock 🙂 so happy i inspired you 🙂 🙂 🙂
What a great way to celebrate your friends! The birds are too cute. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week 🙂
DARLING! Hilarous!!! Gorgeous coloring!! Thank you for joining us over at MarkerPOP for our Anything Goes Challenge!
OH.MY.GOODNESS! That’s incredible! The whole execution and idea and colouring! I must use my copics more. I do enjoy them. I have actually been wanting those bird stamps for some time despite having bird-phobia. Those aren’t menacing! I think you need that Ink Road stamp set, but you did amazingly without it! I do frequently preface things by announcing that my name is Inigo Montoya…lol
LikeLiked by 1 person