Yes, today is the day I reveal the card I’ve been working on and sharing on Instagram this past week.
It’s an anniversary card for a couple who are always quoting the Princess Bride. Fans of the movie will recognize many of the references, but there’s one they might not. Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up (wink wink): He’s always calls her ‘Barbie’, hence Barbie-cup instead of Buttercup. I think they’ll get a kick out of it!
With no further ado… Presenting: The Princess BIRD Anniversary card….
But wait! There’s more!
And a better view of the two sides on the inside:
You should be able to click on any picture to see it larger if you want to. I love how the Darice Wood Grain Background embossing folder makes that mulberry paper look woody!
A little bit of the coloring details:
To keep the watercolors from bleeding through at the edges, I put waxed paper in between. A nice video on doing the trees and hills can be found on Sandy Allnock’s YouTube channel (HERE).
I ended up jazzing up their wings a bit with a gold gel pen… I always love a little bling! : )
Jenn Shurkus recently did a great Periscope video on coloring leaves (you can find more details HERE)… unfortunately these were SO small, it was tough to do, but they turned out ok.
After popping up this guys eyes, I added Wiggly Eyes… Makes his expression just like the average kid’s eyes when there’s kissing. Lol!
If I ever figure out how to get the little video of how the card opens over here from Instagram, I’ll add it in later.
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Framelits Bird Crazy dies
- Sizzix Susan’s Garden Branches & Stem dies and Lilac Flower dies (leaves)
- Darice Wood Grain Background embossing folder
- Copic Markers:
- BG 15, 18, 45
- E 00, 37, 74
- G 02, 05
- R 22, 24
- Y 13, 15, 17
- YG 61
- YR 02, 04, 07, 21, 24
- Kuretake Ganzai Tambi watercolors: #53, 61
- Uniball Gel Impact pen – Gold
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen – Black
- Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor paper
- Colorbok The Paper Company Mulberry paper
- DCWV Once Upon a Time Stack paper
- Darice Past-on Eyes 5mm & 7mm
- Misc white cardstock and adhesives
I’m playing along in the following hops and challenges:
- #thedailymarker30day3 (via instagram), but you can find out more here: http://www.thedailymarker.com/2015/09/the-30-day-coloring-challenge-is-back/
- Marker Pop! Challenge #79 – Anything Goes http://blog.markerpop.com/2015/10/05/markerpop-challenge-79-anything-goes/
- Copic in the Craft Room: (HERE)
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Autumn http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3125
- Winnie & Walter World Card Making Day WCMD 2015: Watercolor with Vanessa http://www.blog.winniewalter.com/2015/10/wcmd-2015-watercolor-with-vanessa.html
Thanks for stopping by today. Stay away from the Fire Swamps and the R.O.U.S.s!
Bye-bye, guys! Have fun stormin’ the castle!!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.