Welcome back! Today I am posting a card I made for a friend who recently lost a loved one. Sympathy cards are the hardest, I think.
I noodled around with ideas from several current hops and challenges and came up with this lovely card that will fit some of them nicely and I think it is a nice sympathy card:
I had a hard time getting a good picture of it that shows it off well. Here it is in natural light:
I am SO happy that JustRite Stampers has re-opened! I have many of their lovely stamps and look forward to seeing what they come up with next! Their current challenge is Back to Nature (which you can find HERE), so I chose a floral background and a flower bunch.
Winnie and Walter is celebrating World Card Making Day with various challenges, including Use Gold/Metallic with Lydia. You can read about it HERE. I wish I had some of their lovely stamps, but don’t – yet. I did emboss the background and flowers with gold and used Metallic Gold Gelatos on the sentiment. There is also metallic glitter in the ribbon.
The Damsel of Distressed is hosting The Hop to Stop featuring the color purple to raise awareness of those who suffer from domestic violence. You can find the details HERE. After embossing with gold, I took Grape, Metallic Grape and Lavender Gelatos and spread them over the embossed background.
Then I took a baby wipe and spread the color around and it absorbed into the white cardstock. So easy and such lush colors in real life. I also used PEARLustre Tanzanite (purple) embossing powder on the sentiment and frame and various shades of violet and purple Copic markers to color the flowers.
- JustRite Papercraft Floral Flourishes Background stamp
- JustRite Papercraft Fashion Vintage Labels Six (frame)
- JustRite Papercraft Circle of Love Vintage Labels Three (flowers)
- JustRite Papercraft Be Strong (sentiment)
- Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large die
- Copic Markers: C15; BV 00, 02, 04, 08; E37; G02, 05, 09; V 04, 06, 09, 12, 15, 17; YG 63
- Faber-Castell Gelatos: Metallic Grape, Grape, Lavender, Metallic Gold
- Versamark Ink
- Recollections Detail Embossing Powder – Gold
- Stampendous PEARLustre embossing powder – Tanzanite
- DCWV card
- Misc. white cardstock, ribbon and adhesives
This card is being entered in the following hops and challenges:
- JustRite Friday Challenge #128 – Back to Nature http://justritestampers.typepad.com/justrite-inspiration/2015/10/justrite-friday-challenge-128-back-to-nature.html
- Winnie & Walter WCMD 2015 – Use Gold/Metallic with Lydia http://www.blog.winniewalter.com/2015/10/wcmd-2015-use-goldmetallic-with-lydia.html
- The Damsel of Distressed Hop to Stop featuring PURPLE http://damselofdistressedcards.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-hop-to-stop.html
- Marker Pop! Challenge #79 – Anything Goes (using Copics) http://blog.markerpop.com/2015/10/05/markerpop-challenge-79-anything-goes/
- #thedailymarker30day3 (via instagram), but you can find out more here: http://www.thedailymarker.com/2015/09/the-30-day-coloring-challenge-is-back/
- Spellbinders #sbspotlightsunday on Instagram
Thank you for stopping by today! Have a lovely weekend!!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
Such a beautiful sympathy card, D.Ann! The embossing looks amazing and so does your purple! I am glad to see you have joined the Hop to Stop in raising awareness of domestic violence. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Awesome card!! LOVE the emboss resist technique with baby wipes and gelatos! So fun and you never get the same result! TFS!
What a beautiful card this is…your background is awesome and love the flowers image…
Love all the pretty details on your card!
WOw, such an incredibly detailed card! I love your tutorial on how you created this beauty 🙂 Thanks for linking up to the Hop to Stop blog – it’s nice to come and visit and see your card! Take care ♥
A beautiful card and wonderful use of the gelatos – lovely to meet you – I have come from Hop to Stop .
That stinkin’ gold/metalllic is super hard to photograph isn’t it? No matter which way you go, it never turns out! But I can tell just how elegant your card is – SOooooo pretty! Thank you for sharing it at the Hop to Stop!
stunning! i love the way you used gelatoes on the background! incredible! i’m sorry to hear about your friends loss, that is a hard card to make for anyone. many blessings and healing sent her way.
I love your purple and gold together. It looks so elegant!
Beautiful card – love all the shine!
This is lovely! Thanks for playing at JustRite Inspiration 😉