Hello, again, crafty friends!
Today I got to play with a new layered flower stamp set from Altenew that came yesterday – just in time for today’s class on layering! I’m sure glad to have a MISTI stamping tool to use with these! Once you take the time to line them up, you can crank out several cards and save time!
I took Altenew’s inspiration photo for the September challenge: From Places Abroad – Windsor Castle, and used the royal reds and golds.
I also used Winnie & Walter’s World Cardmaking Day Sketch by Gayatri:
Putting them together, I came up with this Royal card:
I didn’t have any gold paper handy, so I just ran Versamark ink over the word ‘hugs’ after it was cut out in the metallic red cardstock and heat embossed it. I love those elegant layers of golds and reds – take a closer look:
- Altenew Vintage Flowers stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp die: Sending
- Technique Tuesday die DISI Hugs
- Altenew Crip Inks:
- Frosty Pink
- Coral Berry
- Ruby Red
- Spellbinders Celebra’tions True Color Fusion Ink: Golden Glow
- Tsukineko Brilliance Pigment Ink: Galaxy Gold
- Versamark Ink
- Recollections Detail Embossing Powder: Gold
- Kuretake Zig Wink of Stella
- Uniball Gel Impact pen – Gold
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner and Adhesive Sheets
- DCWV glitter card
- Misc. cardstock
This card is my homework from the Altenew All About Layering Class – Lesson 7: Vintage Flowers. You can find out more about the Altenew Academy HERE.
I’m participating in the following challenges and hops:
- Altenew’s September Challenge: From Places Abroad – Windsor Castle http://altenewblog.com/2015/09/22/september-challenge-from-places-abroad-windsor-castle/
- Winnie & Walter WCMD 2015: Sketched with Gayatri http://www.blog.winniewalter.com/2015/10/wcmd-2015-sketched-with-gayatri.html
- And, since roses still bloom in fall, but their leaves often yellow, this fits Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge: Autumn Is in the Air http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3125
- #thedailymarker30day3 (via instagram), but you can find out more here: http://www.thedailymarker.com/2015/09/the-30-day-coloring-challenge-is-back/
Thanks for checking in today and for all your kind comments!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.