I”m excited to show you a double see-through shaker card with a summery coffee/tea theme for the final day of My Favorite Things Camp Create online summer camp featuring Spectacular Shakers. I also used Virginia’s View – All About Color inspiration.
I learned a lot with this challenging card! First, Color Box pigment inks are sooo juicy, they take ages to dry, even with a heat gun. They’re gorgeous, but they’re not made for impatient people. : ) I made several long, slow passes with my heat gun and tested with a paper towel after each when I thought it would be dry… Nope. No. Nuh-uh. Almost… Even when I finally was SURE it was dry and went to heat emboss, some stray particles of the embossing powder stuck, in spite of using a powder duster. I fixed that by purposefully re-wetting some areas and sprinkling more embossing powder randomly around the card front for a distressed, almost starry night look.
Oh, wait… you’d probably like to see the inside…
Love that kitty and sentiment! Here’s a quick video of the card in action:
I loved the cool idea of a complete see-through shaker they showed at Camp Create, but wanted to make mine a double layer, so I broke out the Fuse tool. This was my first attempt at using it. I practiced all over two Ziplock freezer bags before I got good enough to get a good seal without melting the plastic. I like how the pattern gives me an outline of the balloons on the front page, adding more depth to the double layers.
If you want to see a step-by-step tutorial of this card with tips and tricks in the near future, let me know in the comments… If I get enough requests, I’ll do another one sooner rather than later. : )
That’s the final badge for the Camp Create. Now I have all 5! It was a fun and challenging ‘retreat’!!
Here it is laying flat:
- My Favorite Things stamp sets: Steeped in Love, Feline Better & Heart Balloons
- My Favorite Things Heart Balloons dies
- Recollections white cardstock
- Versamark ink
- Inkadinkado Linen White embossing powder
- ColorBox Classic Pigment Inks: Cyan & Violet
- Memento dye ink – Tuxedo Black
- Copic Markers: B24, 29; C1; E00, 02, 13, 31; G05; R22, 24, 39; Y13, 15, 17; YR24
- Martha Stewart Crafts Metallic Microbeads: Florentine Gold, Garnet, Lapiz Lazuli
- We R Memory Keepeers Photo Sleeve Fuse tool
- Misc. washi tape and Ziplock freezer bag
If you want to play along, with any of the hops or challenges that I’m entering below, just click on the description for more information.
- My Favorite Things Camp Create – Spectacular Shakers
- Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop
- Virginia’s View Challenge #22 – All About Colors
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Animal Magic
- DL.Art June Linky Challenge – Anything Goes
- CropStop Linky Party #17 – Anything Goes
Now I have to get back to recovering any salvageable data from my old hard drive as my current backup was bad, too. Technology! I had a couple more cards planned for the Coffee Lovers hop… we’ll see if I get time to get them made up and get around to visiting some of your projects before it’s over. Happy hopping!
Thank you all for stopping by and for your kind comments!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.