Hola! Today I’m going Latin with the latest My Monthly Hero stamps and dies by Hero Arts. Since there are three current challenges for flowers, I chose that lovely floral die cut and the dancing mouse with flowers in her hair.
When unpacking the stamps and dies I noticed the packaging cardstock was quite pretty and, since it measures 8.5″x 6.5″, cutting it in half gave me enough for a card
I’m going to take a moment to weigh in on the new Therm-o-Web/iCraft Purple tape. I’d heard so much positive buzz about it and I always have a tough time with everything else I’ve tried to hold my dies in place… I have to say: I HIGHLY recommend this tape! It’s the perfect weight and tack for this job!! No, I don’t get any commissions from anyone for saying that. I just thought you might like to know. : )
I wanted the flowers of the die cut frame to stand out against the pretty, but busy background, so I tried filling them in with Nuvo Crystal Drops. The first layer was too transparent. After the second layer, I colored them a little darker with Copic markers to make them pop.
Another one of the challenges called for sparkle and shine… I gave their outfits and the die cut flowers plenty of accents that sparkle and shine…and even their shoes shine! (I added them to the flamenco dancing mouse with Crystal drops and Stickles.)
These cute mice just make me smile!
- Hero Arts My Monthly Hero April 2018 (MH0418C) stampsv dies, and packaging
- Hero Arts My Monthly Hero ink cube: Fiesta Red, Fiesta Yellow
- Tsukineko Memento dye ink: Tuxedo Black
- Copic markers: C1,3; G02; R20; RV04Y08, 13, 15;YR02, 04
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops: Gloss Ripened Pumpkin, Gloss Ebony Black, Silver Lining
- Ranger Stickles: Frosted Lace and Tropical Tangering
- Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- Core’dinations Cardstock: White, yellow and orange
- Scotch permanent adhesive dots
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares
- Simply Defined “Stay Put” glue
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- A Blog Named Hero – Put a Flower on It
- a2z Scrapbooking April 2018 Challenge: Flower Power
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Sparkle and Shine
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Flower Power
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.