Surprise! Didn’t think I’d make it back again this year, but here I am! It’s anniversary party time (their 54th!) and I have a cool fairy tale tunnel card to share with you with some fun references from The Princess Bride!
The extra grass on the prince and princess’s levels was done by partially die cutting with a grass die. After it was put together I wanted to add the As You Wish sentiment, so I embossed it on acetate. Princess Bride fans know “As You Wish” means, “I love you!” Not a Princess Bride fan? INCONCEIVABLE!! (That means the rest of us are laughing at you right now! Lol!) I added the Happily Ever After after it was together, too.
This was my first time playing with these dies and I wasn’t sure how to color them. I started out with Aqua Blend pencils, but I wasn’t satisfied with the results (guess I need more practice!), so I went right over them with alcohol markers, which added to the shading and I was happier. Then I added a bunch of ‘gilding’ with some metallic markers and a Sparkle pen.
This was my first time using a concertina fold (the sides) to put together a tunnel card. Not as easy as it looks and hard to keep it from warping = I need more practice!!
Well, the picture of the back looked fine on my phone, but now it looks blurry. sorry. It’s already in the possession of the happy couple, so here are some of their favorite Princess Bride quotes that I used: “Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togever today.” “This is true love – You think this happens every day?” “INCONCEIVABLE!” “Have fun storming the castle!”
- Crafter’s Companion Happily Ever After Create-A-Card die set
- Crafter’s Companion Happily Ever After Edge’ables die
- Impression Obsession Small Grass Border die
- The Ink Road – As You Wish stamp set
- Recollections 110# cardstock – white
- Spectrum Noir by Crafter’s Companion Aqua Blend pencils: Beeswax, Blue Marine, Bottle Green, Bright Green, Brunette, Carrot, Cobalt Blue, Deep Forest, Dove Grey, Ginger, Honeycomb, Iron Grey, Oak, Oregano, Pesto Green, Sky Blue, Slate, Spinach, Strawberry,Verdant Green, Wheat
- Spectrum Noir by Crafter’s Companion Basics permanent alcohol markers: Apple, Bamboo, Cerulean, Earth Brown, Emerald, Forest Green, Meadow, Natural Brown, Pale Citrus, Pecan, Silk, Willow
- Spectrum Noir by Crafter’s Companion Metallic markers: Rare Minerals – Burnished CopperGold Plate, Silver Ingot; Precious Metals – Blue Topaz
- Spectrum Noir by Crafter’s Companion Sparkle pen – clear
- Tsukineko Versamark Ink
- WoW! Gold Sparkle embossing powder
- Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Sookwang Scor-tape double sided adhesive
- Simply Defined ‘Stay Put’ glue
- Misc. gold glitter cardstock and clear acetate
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Party Time (Anniversary)
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Party Time (Anniversary)
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday December 2018 Try Something New (concertina fold tunnel card)
- CropStop December Linky Party #46 Anything Goes (Crafter’s Companion, Sookwang, Spectrum Noir, Tsukineko & WoW!)
Thanks for stopping by and for sharing your comments!
It just might be next year before I post again, so y’all take care and Have fun stormin’ the castle!!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.