Hooray! The day has finally arrived for the annual Cat Lovers Hop! I’ve been excitedly bouncing around like Tigger the past couple of days! I know we all look forward to this annual hop and I think it’s appropriate to start off with a special thanks to Janis over at HerPeacefulGarden for all the hard work she puts into this special event! Let’s give her a big round of aPAWs!! Be sure to check out her link up page (HERE) for all the details and for the aMEOWzing list of sponsors she lined up!
If you’ve been watching on Instagram you know I have a lot of fun stuff in store for you… Thankfully, I’ve had a year to prepare! On my blog, there will be cards, calendars, home decor, jewelry, a guest designer, sci-fi cats, games, giggles and more – all featuring those dear, precious critters we all love… cats! I’m working on a giveaway, too, so you’ll want to stay tuned for that.
I’m going to start off with my first ever light-up card. It’s a slider with an adorable pair of kissing kitties anniversary card made with stamps from hop sponsor Newton’s Nook:
When you pull on the heart tab, the romantic kitty slides over to plant a smooch on his sweetie – at which point the heart lights up and the words oh-la-la! are revealed!
Here’s a video of it in action (roll your mouse over the picture and click the white arrow):
Confession: I cannot believe that I engineered the placement of wiring for the light and the slider on the inside just so, but I was so excited to try it, I turned it over and sealed it up, found out it worked and THEN reached for my camera. DUM-DUM want GUM-GUM?! lol! Guess you’ll have to wait a while until I do another one to see the inner workings. Sorry!
Wondering where I got that aMEWsing beret? It came from the Newton Dreams of Paris set… I just fussy cut it off that kitty (who’s not looking in the right direction for this kiss), snipped the lines on both sides of his ear and it tucked perfectly around.
Here’s a better pic of the card with the heart lit up from the smooch:
It just makes MY heart go pitter-patter! … I’ve done it so many times, I hope I haven’t used up the battery before my recipients get to play with it!
- Newton’s Nook stamp sets: Newton’s Antics, Newton’s CCuddles, Newton Dreams of Paris
- Spellbinders Exquisite Labels Eleven dies
- Lawn Fawn Slide On Over Lawn Cuts dies
- The Cat’s Pajamas Heart Trio die
- Tsukineko Memento dye inks: Rose Bud & Tuxedo Black
- Copic Markers: B21,24; R32; RV02,04; YR02,21,24
- Black Sharpie marker
- Sakura Pigma Micron pen 005 brown
- Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalks Jewel Tones
- Faber Castell Texture Gems: Gold
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops: Gloss Carnation Pink
- Recollections 110# cardstock: Ballerina pinks and white
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Crafty Foam Tape
- Chibitronics lighting kit
- Misc. Vellum
I’m entering this card in the following hops and challenges – Want to play along? Click on any one for more details:
- Cat Lovers Hop
- Simon Says Stamp Work-It-Wednesday Aug/Sept 2017- stamps
- CropStop Linky Party #33 – anything goes (Aleene’s, Pebbles, Pigma Micron, Spellbinders, Tonic, Tsukineko)
Thanks for stopping by!
I will be back later on today with more feline fun.
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
I close with this apropaw meme: