Hello and welcome! Today is the first day of the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.
In last Winter’s hop there were over 600 projects linked up. This time there are over 50 Super Sponsors offering some terrific prizes, so come join the fun!
I’m starting out with a crazy bookmark:
You may remember THIS POST, where I did some watercolor painting with Glimmer Mists and made some mosaic tiles from eggshells…
When I was done, I took a manila tag and sopped up the leftover ink and had a pretty SPRING GREEN background waiting to be stamped and embellished. I then took my favorite tool – the MISTI (Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented) and went to work.
I love the MISTI because you can lay out your stamps and embellishments exactly where you want them, then close the lid and it picks up the stamp so you can ink it and put it right back down and stamp exactly where you wanted it.
Another reason I love the MISTI is when you don’t get a clean impression the first time ’round – you just re-stamp until you’re satisfied. I can’t tell you how many projects got this far before I had my MISTI and I’d try my best to align the stamp, but it would be off, giving me a double impression and making me have to start over. That was SO frustrating! But NO more!!
It’s also great for mass-producing cards and getting perfect images on every one. (If you don’t have one yet, you might want to check out SoSuzyStamps – she’s even giving away a Mini Misti on her blog! (She’s also one of our Super Sponsors, thanks!))
Here’s a close-up of this crazy cat and you can see a bit of the shimmer on the tag. So is the feather her super cape? Did she down ALL those cups of coffee and then try to catch the family bird? That feather between her toes IS rather suspicious! I love that adorable stack of cups from STAMPlorations- Another of our Super Sponsors – thanks! That much coffee would also explain why her eyes are bugging out. lol!
The coffee ‘beans’ were a thick application of Liquid Pearls. Before they were dry I just ran a fingernail down the center.
- STAMPlorations COFFEE HAPPY stamp set
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Crazy Cats stamp set
- Sizzix Framelits Tim Holtz Crazy Cats dies
- Darice embossing stencil Cat (paw print)
- MISTI stamping tool
- Ranger Inkssentials Craft Tags – Manila #5 size
- Neenah Astroparche cardstock
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists: Crushed Shells, Fairway, Forest Green, Gold, and Mustard Seed
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology tissue tape – butterflies
- Copic Markers: E13, 23, 33, 74, 79; R32; RV04; Y13; YG17
- Pigma Micron pen 01 black
- Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- Ranger Liquid Pearls – dark chocolate
- Art-C molding paste – black
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Gathered Twigs
- Kuretake Zig Wink of Luna – Gold & Green
- Kuretake Zig Wink of Stella – clear
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Misc. feathers and ribbon
Goodness… the list is longer than the tag itself! Haha! Or, ask the Brazilians say: ‘kkk!’ Which is an onomatopoeia for a little snicker sound… try it! Kkk!!
Onomatopoeia – ˌä-nə-ˌmä-tə-ˈpē-ə – the formation of a word from the vocal imitation of the sound associated with it. Like buzz or hiss.
I’m playing along in the following hops and challenges, in case you’d like to join the fun, just click on the name for the link:
I’m so glad you could stop by today. I hope to be able to get at lease one post a day during this hop if my health permits, so I hope to see you back real soon!
Have a wonderful day!!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.