Hello my patient peeps! These constant headaches are still cramping my style, but at least I was able to make a card again. Yay!
It’s Papertrey Ink’s 11th Anniversary (congrats!!) and their Day 1 Challenge was to use one of their designer’s sketches.
Edited to add… hahaha… the joke is on me… blame it on 10 weeks of daily migraines, but the 11th Anniversay Sketch challenge already closed. No matter, the Day 4 Floral Challenge is open and this fits. Hooray!
I chose Dawn McVey’s sketch and decided to use her take on it as inspiration, too.
This was my first time using stencil brushes and I really LOVE ’em! SO much easier than using a blending tool!! When my head gets better, I’ll tell you all about them.
After coloring and fussy cutting the flowers and leaves, I cut into them so I could curl up the edges more easily and then popped them up with Scotch adhesive dots. The only ‘extra pieces I cut out and added where the two center petals on each flower to bring them out further than the Flower Soft stamens.
I also used Nuvo Crystal Drops on top of my die cut ‘hello’ to give it a shiny, puffy-sticker look. Note to self: next tim,e do this on a craft sheet first so if your tremor takes it out of the lines, you can cut it off!
I also stamped a couple of the smaller flowers on the inside.
- Papertrey Ink In Bloom Stamp set, Swoosh dies, Quatrefoil cover plate die cut (for stencil, with an Spellbinders Grand Oval die cut overlay)
- Tsukineko Memento dye inks: Tuxedo Black, New Sprout, Rhubarb Stalk
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Spiced Marmalade
- Copic Markers: G99; R22,24,29; Y 13,15; YG61;63
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss Ebony Black
- Core’dinations cardstock: White & Black & Parisian Nights card
- Scotch adhesive runner and adhesive dots (medium)
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- Papertrey Ink Anniversary Floral Challenge
- Cropstop February Challenge – Linky Party #37 – Anything Goes (Aleene’s, Core’dinatons, Ranger, Scotch, Tsukineko)
There are many more challenges in PTI’s 11th Anniversary celebration. We’ll see in how many my head allows me to participate. You may want to check out their blog for more info as there are great prizes up for grabs!
Thank you for stopping by today… I always enjoy reading your sweet comments!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.