Hello and welcome! It’s that time of year again… Another summer at My Favorite Things’ Camp Create!
Day one of camp showed a marvelous watercolor rainbow galaxy background that I just HAD to try! While I was at it, I decided to do two in case one didn’t turn out. I was really quite worried I’d get mud by adding the black, but they both turned out ok! In spite of the sparkle, it’s not a girly card and would do for a guy, too.
You can find the easy to follow instructions on how to do the watercolor background HERE. I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors since I don’t have the Prima watercolors she used. I love the vibrant colors!
You may be wondering how I got the longer die-cut rectangles for the inside writing space:
You take your cutting plate and put the edge before the final edge of the die. After cutting, line up the two sides and again place the edge before the final edge of the die as shown in the right-hand part of the picture. Depending on how the pattern goes, you can get it half-again longer (like the left hand side of the picture above) or more.
I really wanted this galaxy to tinkle and added lots of sparkly accents that you can see in the materials list below. It’s got oodles of 3d texture. The sparkle is kind of hard to capture on camera – even this quick video doesn’t do it justice:
View this post on Instagram
Twinkling Galaxy Watercolor cards for #mftstamps Camp Create Day 1. Details coming on tomorrow's (6/13/17) blog post. (Link in profile.) #watercolor #galaxy #rainbowgalaxy #galaxybackground #gansaitambi #gansaitambiwatercolor #stickles #amazing #papercrafting #diecutting #handmadecards #cardmaking
For completing this, I’ve earned my first Camp Create Badge:
Note: if you collect all 5 badges, you can be entered for a nice prize… just sayin’! : )
- My Favorite Things: Friends Like Us stamp set
- My Favorite Things: Doubly Amazing and Pop-Up Bday (cut off) Die-namics
- Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles and Romantic Rectangles 2
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors 20, 31, 32, 40, 52, 64, 139
- Canson Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Core’dinations cardstock: black & white
- My Studio White Acrylic Craft Paint
- Martha Stewart Crafts Titanium Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint
- Ranger Stickles: Black Diamond, Glisten, Icicle
- Imagine Crafts IrRESISTible Pico embellishers: copper
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Glitter Accents: Fresh Snowfall
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Tombow Xtreme adhesive runner
I’m entering these cards in the following hops and contests. Click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- My Favorite Things Camp Create Day 1: Wonderful Watercolor
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Touchy-Feely
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make It Masculine
I hope to be back soon with another project from this fun skills camp!
Thanks for stopping by!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.