Hello, again! I’m glad you’ve returned! Today’s card is a shaker with a surprise:
Those of you who follow me, may recall THIS card with a similar concealed surprise. I just love that the Spellbinders Die-of-the-Month acorn can be turned into a gift card holder for these fun acorn-shaped gift cards from that coffee shop that ends in BUCK$!
And the Queen & Company Happy Harvest Fall Kit has those fab acorn shakers to match. This time the shaker is filled with fabulous mini ‘gems.’ Observation: The gorgeous glitter paper in that kit is made so well that the glitter won’t rub off, but that also means it’s not really the best for intricate dies, like the Hello Fall insert of this acorn die. It simply doesn’t want to cut clear through. I recommend using it for non-intricate cutting. The leaf also gets added dimension when you score the veins. The acorns get some realistic color with a dauber and some Distress inks.
What else is behind that acorn?….
This darling family! I love that the two squirrels/chipmunks in the acorn are hugging, with coffee in hand… something that has led to many a spill in this family! And the mugs have kitty paw prints on them and a stuffed kitty is lying on the floor… another signature of our family. The sentiment: ‘You are my favorite nuts’ – ever so apropos! By cutting them out of separate cardstock, I was able to color them with Copics and not have them bleed through to the back of the card. It also allowed me to fussy cut around the arms and put them through the cup handles.
By the way… didja notice that acorns, just like humans, come in all varieties?! : )
- Spellbinders Small Die of the Month – October 2018
- Queen & Co. Happy Harvest Fall Kit (dies, foam, clear plastic, paper, glitter paper and beads)
- Neat & Tangled My Favorite Nut stamps & dies; Puppy’s Favorite Things stamps
- Core’dinations cardstock: white, brown, kraft, yellow
- Recollections card base
- Tsukineko Memento Desert Sand dye ink
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Barn Door, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain
- Copic Markers: E13, 23, 25, 29, 31, 55, 71;Y38; YR02, 04, 07, 24; W1
- Simply Defined Permanent adhesive runner & Stay-Put adhesive glue
- Misc. ribbon and Starbucks gift card
I am playing along with the following hops and challenges. Be sure to click on them for more information on how you can play along and enter for prizes:
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: B is for ? Beads & StarBUCK$ (lol!) Behind the acorn.
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Wrap it Up Beads wrapped in an acorn shaker and gift card wrapped in acorn.
- CropStop December Linky Party #46 Anything Goes (Core’dinations, Ranger, Spellbinders & Tsukineko)
I’m so glad you stopped by! I enjoy reading your encouraging messages and greatly appreciate them!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.