Good, warm, cocoa morning! I have an extra fun post for National Cocoa Day. (Yes, there’s a day for that! Are you kidding?! There’s a day for EVERYTHING!!).
I’ll get to those cute little marshmallow cocoa mugs in a moment. I love how this Spellbinders die looks like a snowflake! To add to the look, I used fine blue-gray sparkly paper. I cut out the center with a scissors to make a window. I glued it to a solid backing and then to the top of the inside. Easy- peasy!
Isn’t that bear a cutie with his donut and cocoa?! (you can BEARly see his rosy little cheeks in the pic, but they’re there. : ) I love the sentiment inside:
Aww! If you look close, you can see that I used the die to emboss the inside, keeping the card CAS Clean And Simple yet elegant looking.
Now, about those marshmallow mugs… They’re soooo easy! If you haven’t seen them elsewhere or already tried them, here’s what you need:
All you need are some candy canes, jumbo and mini marshmallows, Nutella (or chocolate frosting) and shortbread cookies. (I’d get them a little bigger next time as these were a bit small.)
Cut the ends off the candy canes. I found a fine toothed, serrated knife worked best.
Poke them into the side of a jumbo marshmallow (I did use my meat thermometer to poke a hole, but it really wasn’t necessary). Spread some Nutella on top and place the mini marshmallows on top. Set it on a shortbread cookie. They make great decorations and can be put into a hot chocolate for a yummy flavor enhancer!
Supplies used for the card:
- Spellbinders Victorian Medallion One die
- Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps – Beary Big Hugs set
- Memento Rich Cocoa dye ink
- Copic Markers E13, 23, 31, 33, 74; R20, 24, 29, 90; RV02; W1
- DCWV Glitzy Glitter cardstock stack
- Core’dinations white cardstock
- Misc. adhesive.
I’m playing along with the following hops and challenges… click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun!
- Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps Saturday Challenge #161 – Clean & Simple with a Sentiment
- Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes
- 2016 Winter Coffee Lovers Hop
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Let There Be Snow
- Simon Says Stamp November Work It Wednesday – Dies
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Ice Inspiration:
Now I’m off to have another cuppa hot cocoa with another marshmallow cocoa cup dunked inside! Edible decorations don’t last long around here for some reason! : )
Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your encouraging comments!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.