Welcome back for Event 2 of My Favorite Things Creative Olympics – Freestyle Card
This event is taking place at the Olympic Village (MFT Challenge and Inspiration Blog) and the only requirement is that the card be winter themed. I don’t have a lot of winter stamps because winter in Florida is everyone else’s spring. However, I DO have the gorgeous snowflakes from MFT, and Markerpop recently sent me the adorable Polar Pals, so I was able to put this card together:
Isn’t he just adorable?!! I want to show you a close-up so you can see that cool iridescent sparkle in the embossing powder:
You might also note that his pom-pom is flocked. To avoid cutting the whiskers, I used a Copic to match my blended background. We seem to be on a trend here… first lazy cats, now a sea lion lyin’ around…. can you tell I’ve been stuck in bed most of the past 3 months?! Not very Olympian. lol!
- My Favorite Things stamp sets: Simply Snowflakes & Polar Pals
- Tsukineko Versamark Ink
- Judikins iridescent sparkle embossing powder
- Tsukineko Memento dye ink – tuxedo black
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Broken China & Stormy Sky
- Copic markers: B02;R20,22; W1,3,5
- Stampendous Fun Flock – Cantaloupe Orange
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Core’dinations cardstock – white
- American Crafts glitter card
- Tombow Xtreme adhesive
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L square foam adhesive
I’m playing along with the following hops and challenges – click on any of them for details on how you can join the fun:
- MFT Creative Olympics Event 2 – Freestyle Card
- Cropstop February Challenge – Linky Party #37 – Anything Goes (Aleene’s, Core’dinations, My Favorite Things, Ranger, Tombow & Tsukineko)
Event 3 is coming up next – don’t miss it!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.