Hello, again, dear cat loving peeps! The Cat Lovers Hop continues…
Wasn’t that just the coolest post by Mary from Wire and Wings?!! (HERE if you missed it.) We’ve been friends for decades. In fact, my dad was the minister who performed her wedding. It was quite a co-incidence that I had this card in the making at the same time she had that fabulous Cats in Space necklace in the making. You’re about to see why.
This is another geeky post for us sci-fi loving cat lovers. I didn’t know how large a group that encompasses until I happened to Google “Star Trek Cats” and also its sci-fi counterpart. I lost a few hours of my life watching hilarious videos (and some very well done ones, too). I’m not going to link to any here, lest you go there and get caught up and never return to finish this post! Brace yourselves for a feline fun sci-fi mash-up:
Aren’t those Star Trek Cat pins just the cutest?! I knew I had to get them for my friend, along with the R2D2 mints. (Enabler alert… you can find the pins on Amazon.)
Background picture credit: I got the Cat’s Paw Nebula picture from NASA’s site. You can read about it HERE.
To continue the sci-fi mash-up silliness, here’s what I wrote on the inside:
It wasn’t until I’d done the galaxy background and added the pins that I noticed the perfect placement with the center of the fabulous Time Warp stamp gave the hysterical look of a true GASEOUS ANOMALY … Is Mewster Spock giving the LL&P sign, or is he about to cover his nose?! LOL! I love the glimmery shine that the Distress Mica Spray gives to the background!!
To make the card thick enough to hide the pin backs, I layered 3 layers of Crafty Foam Tape around the galaxy piece. Since I only had white foam tape, I just ran over the edges with a black sharpie. I left the backs in the box so they wouldn’t get trapped inside the card. (I mention that because I almost left them on and would have been terribly irritated.) The tips of the pins are sitting on Crafty Foam tape so they don’t poke through.
For the front of this card, I used the Neat & Tangled Little Tangles Challenge 85 Sketch:
After doing the galaxy background, I had to find a white bright enough to stand out against the whites in the background. After trying all my white embossing powders, Brutus Monroe won. The A Long Time Ago sentiments didn’t have all the letters I wanted for the end line, so I had to try to hand letter it with an embossing pen… not too easy with my tremor, but it came close enough, I think. A black Pigma Micron Pen helped sharpen the letters a little.
- Neat & Tangled: Time Warp and A Long Time Ago stamp sets
- Tsukineko Versamark ink
- Ranger Embossing Antiquities – Frosted Crystal
- Ranger Inkssentials Embossing Pen – Black
- Brutus Monroe Embossing Powder – Alabaster
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Black Soot, Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Seedless Grapes & Twisted Citron
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Mica Spray – Brushed Pewter
- Martha Stewart Crafts Metallic Acrylic paint – Titanium
- My Studio Acrylic paint – White
- Kemper Splatter Brush Tool
- Zig Wink of Luna pen – Gold
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen – clear
- Core’dinations cardstock: golden yellow, black, blue, white
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Crafty Foam Tape and EZ Runner
I am playing along in the following hops and challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join in on the fun!
- 2017 Cat Lovers Hop
- Neat & Tangled Little Tangles Challenge 85 – Sketch
- Simon Says Stamp Aug/Sept 2017 Work-It-Wednesday – Stamps
By the way: I’m a cardmaker, not a doctor! LOL!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.