Meow! (That’s ‘Hello’ in Cat.) Welcome regular peeps and visitors! It’s finally here…The much anticipated second annual Cat Lovers Hop! Meow! (That’s ‘Yay!’ in Cat)
You can read all the details about the hop HERE. There are lots of terrific prizes to be had for participants worldwide, so come join the fun!! And, a special heads-up… at the end of this post you might even find a little blog candy!
For this year’s hop, I thought it would be fun to briefly interview some famous cats – those of Internet fame and from within our crafting circle, too. I actually had some of these famous felines reply to my interview request, so I hope you will enjoy the added kitty fun! I specifically kept them brief so as not to detain you too long… and, well, you know how cat’s attention spans are! >^.^<
Today’s interview is with Sam, the famous cat with natural ‘eyebrows’… He looks permanently purrplexed to me! : )
You can check out his website here: http://www.samhaseyebrows.nyc/ – he even has a store you can visit. Perhaps you’re already one of Sam’s 211k Instagram followers, so I asked Sam a few questions that purrrtain to our craft interests:
- What crafts have you tried your paws at or would like to try?
- I tried finger painting once- it started on posters and ended all over the wood floors.
- What is your favorite thing to do with paper?
- Crumple it up and chase it!
- Do people often send you cards or hand-made crafts? Can you tell us some of your favorites?
- No, but a lot of fans post their art on Instagram for me to see! My favorite one is a painting on a tree that was done by a group of kids in China.
Thanks so much, Sam, for taking a few minutes from your busy schedule to chat briefly with us and for dressing up so handsomely for this interview! Have a furrociously fun day!
Now you can go take off that uncomfortable tie and take a nap! p.s. Bow ties are cool – just sayin’! : )
In honor of Sam’s visit to the blog today, I included a likeness of him on my first card for the hop. Sam, you are, indeed, the cat’s meow!:
Unfortunately, I found that sweet stamp at a garage sale and it has no identifying markings on it. Sorry! Pink & Main also has a challenge going on right now with the theme of fall – Gotta love those beautiful fall colors in the Graphic 45 Raining Cats & Dogs papers and the copper embossing and dots! (Thanks, G45 for sponsoring the Cat Lovers Hop!) I thought the two doilies on that die looked a bit like a rug, don’t you?
I’ve also started doing a little bit of decoration on the inside of my cards.
- Pink & Main Nested & Scalloped Hexagon dies
- Pink & Main Grandma’s Lace stamp set
- Misc. Cat stamp (I’ve been told it’s from All Night Media)
- Justrite Vintage Labels 7 die
- Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs papers and ephemera
- Core’dinations cream paper
- Tsukineko Versamark ink
- Hampton Art Copper embossing powder
- Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink
- Tonic Studios Copper Penny Nuvo Crystal Drops
- Copic marker R20, YR21
- Sakura Pigma Micron 005 black pen
- Sanford Uniball Gel Impact pen – gold
- Tombow Xtreme adhesive
I’m entering this card in the following hops and challenges – you can click on any one of them for more information in case you’d care to join the fun:
- Cat Lovers Hop
- Pink & Main Challenge #14: Fall
- Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday September 2016: use the colors RED, ORANGE (copper), YELLOW, and/or BROWN
- Crop Stop Linky Party #21 Anything Goes (Crop Stop carries: Graphic 45, Core’dinations, Tombow adhesives, Versamark and Pigma Micron pens)
***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
- ***** Edited to add: giveaway now closed*****
For those of you intrepid readers who are still with me, how ’bout some blog candy?!!
I have this Doreamon sticky note set. (Doreamon is a blue robotic cat from 22nd century a Japanese manja series. Yes, I had to look it up as I have no idea where I got it from.) There are also some Simply Stamps foam cat stamps (unused) made by Plaid. They are large, so I put a ruler in the pic for you to see the size (ruler not included!). For those of you with allergy concerns, this is a pet-free/smoke free home. Pet free is not by choice, let me tell you!!
|If you would like to be in the running to win this blog candy, pay close attention to the rules: Leave ONE comment on this post before 11:59 pm Pacific, Sunday Oct. 30, 2016, using the word EYEBROWS somewhere in your comment. If you don’t have the word EYEBROWS in your comment, I’ll assume you’re not interested in the blog candy (and won’t be offended!). Also, if you are (or become) a follower of this blog, you may make a SECOND comment telling me so for an additional entry. You may also receive an ADDITIONAL entry by becoming a follower of Sam’s AND my Instagram accounts (@samhaseyebrows and @d.ann.c). If you do follow both of our Instagram accounts, come back here and leave comment with your Instagram user name. Duplicate comments will be deleted. There you have it… you may have up to three chances to win. FYI: This particular giveaway is open to International peeps, too.
Akkk! What’s with these lines? Where did they come from?!! How do I get rid of them?!!! They’re taunting me like a ball of string that’s been flattened out into lines. lol!
Well, it’s time for me to say Meow! (That’s ‘Goodbye‘ in Cat…. the CAT dictionary is pretty thin. lol.) Thanks so much for stopping by today! I look forward to seeing you at least once a day this week… sometimes twice (that’s the advantage of having a year to prepare!). There will be more interviews, so please come back soon!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
pps… a quick look at the Cat Stash