Hello, sweet peeps! I know this has been a nearly unprecedented streak of posting, but I’m almost caught up with the backlog, and then we’ll get back to my ‘whenever the whim hits’ pattern. : )
Today I have a fun card — it’d be great for a BFF’s engagement party, don’t you think?!
All the stamps and dies I used to make this were new to me and I love how they go together! Remember back when I played with Pebeo Fantasy paints for the first time back in THIS post? (good grief, it’s been almost a year! I told you I was backlogged!! At that time I also tried some on paper thinking they’d be cool for a mermaid’s tail. I was right! This was the result:
I outlined it first with Pebeo Vitrail Glitter Medium and let it dry, then filled it with the Pebeo Prisme paints which hold their own and don’t mix into brown as green and purple normally would. As they dry, they for these fabulous cell ‘scales’!
Embossing the lines of the clam shell and puffing up the pillow with a stylus, like the Heartfelt Creations Flower Shaping Essentials tool, helps give it dimension!:
Here’s a close-up of that cute little seahorse:
Now that I know the Pebeo Prisme paints work so well, I need to make a whole set of mermaid cards!
- Make it Crafty: Cordelia the Mermaid and Clam Shell
- Create a Smile: Under the Sea
- Hero Arts Color Layering Seahorse stamp set
- Simply Defined Time & Tides Coral Reef die
- Pebeo Prisme Pearl Violine and Emerald & Vitrail Glitter Medium.
- Copic Markers
- shell: R20,22; Y000, 13; V12
- hair: E13; YR02, 21, 24, Y28
- eyes: G02; BG13; V06
- skin: E00, 02, 11
- E02, 04; y13, R22
- Faber-Castell Texture Gems, Gold, Pearl
- Kuretake Zig Wink of Stella clear
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops: Buttermilk, Crushed Grape, Mornig Dew, Raspberry Pink, Ripened Pumpkin, Sugared Almond
- Tsukineko Memento dye inks:Tuxedo Black, Sweet Plum
- Tsukineko Brilliance Pigment inks: Pearlescent Poppy & Rocket Red Gold
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxides: Abandoned Coral, Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, Peacock Feathers, Peeled PaintSeedless Preserves, Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron, and Wild Honey
- Core’dinations Cardstock: Blue, Teal, Light Blue, Pink, White
- Misc adhesives, shells and pearls
I am playing along with the following challenges – click on any one for more information on how you can join the fun!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Party Time (engagement)
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Something New (new dies, stamps and Pebeo paints)
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday December 2018 Try Something New (new dies, stamps and Pebeo paints)
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.