Good evening! I’m about tuckered out, but I want to get this post out, for the Neat & Tangled Throwdown challenge that is about to close, so here we go…
I really wanted to do something nice for my USPS postal carrier this year as she always trudges up to my apartment when there are packages rather than just leave them down at the mailboxes. She even asked about them one day as she saw they were art related and her teenage daughter is getting into arts & crafts. I know thy’re going to have a party when they get this as they LOVE chocolates!
I have been wanting to use the Neat & Tangled Truck die (thanks Miriam!!) but life has been so hectic, this was my first chance to pull it out. It’s darling and easy to put together the main truck. All the optional add-ons – especially those blinker lights – are a bit tiny for my big mits, tho. : ) I also wanted to wrap up a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates extra elegantly. I’ve never used a die cut to wrap something before, but I thought the Neat & Tangled Doily Envelope die would make a gorgeous way to wrap it up… I was right! Check out the gift ensemble:
The card is a shaker. I framed it up with the edges of the Doily Envelope Die to tie the ensemble all together.
The envelope is lined with the same embossed wrapping paper as I used to wrap the chocolates. The truck opens up and holds tiny presents… in this case, a single Ferrero Rocher Chocolate! (hmm… now that I look at it, I think I’ll add some tissue paper in there to cushion it.)
It was a fun set to make I know she’s going to get a kick out of it! I can’t wait to make more of those adorable trucks – probably in UPS brown next time!!
- Neat & Tangled Truck and Doily Envelope dies & Sweet Treats sentiments stamps
- DCWV glitter card and chalkboard stack (black and gray sheets)
- Core’dinations cardstock: white & black
- Brother Sister Design Studio Embossed Foil Gift Wrap (wrapped chocolates and envelope liner)
- Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens 565 &845
- Sakura Gelly Roll pen – White 10
- Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents (windows & headlights)
- Blank Slate by Traditions open heart confetti (shaker)
- Laura’s Loft Red Hot Love sequins (shaker)
- Queen & Co Diamonds toppings (shaker)
- Sookwang Scor-Tape
- Simply Defined “Stay Put” adhesive and Simply Dimensional Foam Adhesive Sheets
- Misc. glitter cardstock in red and orange; acetate; printed usps logo
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates – both for the recipient and the crafter!! : )
I am playing along with the following challenges – click on any one for more information on how you can join the fun!
- Neat & Tangled Throwdown – Gift Wrap Ensemble Challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Party Time (Chocolates – need I say more?!! LOL!)
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday December 2018 Try Something New (new dies, using die for giftwrap & 3d truck)
- CropStop December Linky Party #46 Anything Goes (Core’dinations, Ranger, Sookwang, Tombow, Tsukineko)
Ok, I’m off for a very late supper. Y’all have a lovely weekend!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.