I had so much fun with this next card!!! It’d fit the Coffee Lovers Hop, but right now we’re doing the CAT Lovers Hop!
I just adore the look on the face of this Nosy Kitty stamp by Stampendous! What is he staring so intently at inside that acorn? See how his eyes glisten?!! He’s going nuts waiting to tear into it, for sure! I love that fab Small Die of the Month Acorn by Spellbinders! It was serendipitous to find the acorn shaped gift cards at Starbucks… the perfect match! I had already snipped off the word Fall even though I ended up putting fall leaves around it. I had done a different background, but didn’t like it, so wanted to cover it up. lol!.
So, I set about making an acorn window/pocket to hold the gift card. My original thought was to make it see-through to the cute pair inside, but I have to admit, by this point I was like a kitten after gorging on milk… barely holding my eyes open. (insert cute viral video of kitten falling asleep here. Lol! >^.^<) I thought the better of chasing my tail all night and kept it fairly simple. Maybe some other time!
On the inside I stamped this cute couple of chipmunks inside the acorn (it must be HUGE). I didn’t want to color them with Copics as they’d bleed through to the back, and they looked too plain uncolored, so I got out my Polychromos and colored them up. This will make a great Thank You card for a couple of coffee loving friends!
To finish off the project, I stamped the cat and a chipmunk with an acorn on the envelope:
- Spellbinders Small Die of the Month – October 2018
- Stampendous Nosy Cat stamp
- Neat & Tangled My Favorite Nut and Purrrfect stamp sets (inside & envelope)
- Core’dinations white and kraft cardstock
- Colorbok Shiny Rust Foil Cardstock
- Tsukineko Memento dye ink: Rich Cocoa & Tuxedo Black
- Copic markers (cat): C7; E55, 71; G24; R20, 22; Y32; YG17, 61; YR02, 24, 31
- Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils (inside of card) Brown Ochre, Burnt Carmine, Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Yellow, Dark Cadmium Yellow, Deep Red, Green Gold, May Green, Olive Green, Orange Glaze, Pink Madder Lake, Raw Umber, Van Dyck Brown
- Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalks Jewel Tones
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen – clear
- Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- Nicole Maple Leaves
- The Paper Studio paw gemstones
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Misc: Starbucks gift card, ribbon, envelope
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- 2018 Cat Lovers Hop
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday – Give Thanks
- Lost Coast Designs & Carmen’s Veranda Challenge #63 Cats & Dogs
- CropStop Linky Party #44 Anything Goes Aleene’s, Core’dinations, Pebbles, Ranger,Spectrum Noir, Spellbinders and Tsukineko
***** Giveaway now closed *****
Today’s giveaway is really 4! I received a free sub to Catster Magazine and have 4 individual copies to give away! Most are missing a small square where the address label was and one has some pages that were folded by accident, but they’re still a fun read. Here are the magazine covers:
- January/February 2018 issue:
2. March/April 2018 issue:
3. May/June 2018 issue:
4. September/October 2018 issue:
What do you have to do to be eligible to win ONE of these magazines? If you’re interested, just leave me a comment using the word “Catster” somewhere in your comment. If you have a preference for a particular issue, please let me know. Sorry, international peeps, this one needs to be US residents only as they’re a bit heavy.
Bonus entry option #1: Be a follower of my blog and leave me another comment.
For a second bonus entry, follow me on Instagram (@d.ann.c), like and comment on the post featuring this project. (It doesn’t have to be a long comment, just a heart will do.) Come back here and leave a comment letting me know that you did it and your Instagram name.
Bonus entry option #3 (for a total of 4 possible entries): Follow me on Pinterest(@dannscrafting) and re-pin any one of my cards or projects that you like. (If you don’t like them, you don’t have to pin any. lol!) Come back here and leave a comment letting me know your Pinterest name.
You will have until Midnight, Eastern Standard Time, October 28, 2018 to get your comments in. Sometime after noon Eastern Standard Time on Monday, October 29, I will publish a post listing all winners from giveaways on my blog from this hop (chosen using Random.org). Winners will have 48 hours to claim their prizes so, if you’re not subscribed, be sure to check back later that afternoon for that post!!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.