Hello and welcome back to see my cards for day 3 of My Favorite Things Camp Create: Spectacular Shakers:
For a long time I’ve been wanting to do these candy jar shakers, so I made a batch of them. I got the lid slightly lopsided, which made me giggle as it reminded me of the candy jar my aunt always put in my room when I stayed with her. Mom’s rule was not go meddling, so I never peeked in the dresser drawers or anything. But I knew that candy jar was there for me, so I’d sneak a piece now and then and sometimes, to be quiet, the lid didn’t always get back on straight. : )
As you can tell from this pic, I didn’t get the ‘crystal’ filling all the way to the back of the card and the pieces can get up in there and, since it’s tight, they can get stuck. I should have thought to put adhesive over the dried ‘crystal’ filling. Next time…
I also did a couple with jelly beans. You can see I had the same trouble, this time with the bottom, too, so it doesn’t look nearly as full as many went down into the bottom. sigh. Live and learn!
I like how those embossed lines add texture and make a ‘table’ for the jar and candies.
Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at how they went together…
I intend to get some real mints and jelly beans to go with these cards for a fun gift!
- My Favorite Things Candy Jars Die-namics and Candy Jar Additions Stamps
- Core’dinations cardstock: white, blue, green, orange, pink, purple, red, yellow
- Core’dinations 110# cardstock (for base)
- Misc. Acetate
- Silly Winks Sticky Back 2mm Foam Sheets
- Memento Dye Inks: Dandelion, Pear Tart, Summer Sky
- Tsukineko VersaMagic Chalk Ink: Red Magic
- Papertrey Ink Dye Inks: Lilac Garden, Lovely Lady, Summer Sunrise
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Glitter Accents: Fresh Snowfall
- Tsukineko Versamark Ink
- Hampton Arts red embossing powder
- Recollections Neon Opaque embossing powder: Neon Pink
- Scotch quick-dry tacky adhesive
- Tombow Xtreme permanent adhesive
This earns the third badge from Camp Create:
I’m entering these cards in the following hops and contests. Click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- My Favorite Things Camp Create Day 3: Spectacular Shakers
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Touchy-Feely
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Emboss It
- Cropstop June Challenge Linky Party #29: Anything Goes (Core’dinations, MFT, Scotch, Tombow, Tonic, Tsukineko)
There’s still more to come from this fun ‘camp,’ so be sure to check back!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.