I’m excited to tell you about a wonderful coloring class and a gorgeous digital stamp set you can get for FREE! Yep, $0.00!! AND, if you’re reading this before August 16, 2018, you still have a few days to enter the coloring contest and win one of up to $200 in prizes! You can find the details on these two sites by the two ladies who are so generously sponsoring this little bit of KINDNESS:
- Kindness is the Way Digital Stamp Set (by the artistic and kindly Marcella Hawley – Thanks Marcella!!) I chose to use the one without the sentiment, but there are some with it in the set, too.
- Kit & Clowder’s Free Floral Coloring Class for markers and pencils by the talented and generous Alice Keegan – Thanks Alyce!
I took the class and learned a lot. I tried coloring using two different sets of pencils…(and learned it’s a lot slower going than with markers, but maybe that’s because I’m more used to using markers. The first pencils I used: Spectrum Noir AquaBlend pencils (which I just colored, but was too chicken to use water to blend. maybe next time!):
See the fuchsia and pale yellow color combo? That was Inspired by Home – the current Power Poppy Sparks Challenge…
The color combo for those gerbera daisies inspired by one of my orchids that’s currently in bloom:
I then had a go with a new set of Faber-Castell Polychromos that I received as a gift. Yes, you can see lines in the border shading… I was coloring on leather covered lap desk… come to find out that made the surface too soft and it was embossing, too! Oh well, it has a distressed, shabby-chic look!
And, since this week is the first Creative Confetti Challenge at PowerPoppy – You’re a Gem! using birthstone colors, I did the background in light emerald and added this sentiment in emerald as the leaves go so well with the flowers:
- Power Poppy Kindness is the Way digital stamp set (get yours HERE)
- Elizabeth Craft Designs A Way With Words: Thanks die by Quietfire Design
- Spellbinders Blooming Garden Especially Made For You die by Marissa Job
- Spectrum Noir AquaBlend pencils: Apricot, Azalea, Beeswax, Bison, Blue Marine Brunette, Carrot, Cherry, Claret, Cobalt Blue, Coral, Currant, Fossil Gray, Grapefruit, Mango, Oregano, Papaya, Persimmon, Petunia, Pineapple, Pink Tulip, Rose Sky Blue, Soft Red, Sorrel, Tobacco, Watermelon, Wheat
- Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils: Brown Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow, Cinnamon, Cobalt Blue, Crimson, Dark Naples Ochre, Fuchsia, Green Gold, Leaf Green, Light Cobalt Turquoise, Light Green Light Magenta, Light Ochre, Middle Cadmium Red, Middle Phthalo, Naples Ochre Orange Glaze, Permanent Green Olive, Pink Madder Lake, Red Voilet, Rose Carmine
- Core’dinations cardstock: white, orange, blue, black and green
- Scotch tape runner
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- Power Poppy August 2018 Power & Spark Challenge: Inspired by Home
- Power Poppy 8/7/18 Creative Confetti Challenge: You’re a Gem! Birthstone
- Kit & Clowder 20 Days of Craft Giveaways Day 20 Free Floral Class
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Distress It
Feel free to leave a comment… I enjoy reading them!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.