Hello and thanks for stopping by!
I needed a card for a family that is dear to my heart and worth their weight in gold. In fact, the last time we were at a gold mine, I got them a little gold to say how much I value their friendship. So I put together this card and gift set for them:
The ‘hu’ and ‘gs’ of the word hugs interlock to close the card. When you open it, there’s a bear inside and it says Big Hearts Deserve Big Hugs! Because I keep them close to my heart, the bear has the names of the family on his heart. Awww. With fall coming, as that felt bear gets ready to hibernate, he’s taking his treasures with him! I hand cut a little tail for the bear’s backside. Tip: I keep a bag for all felt scraps and thread pieces from art and sewing projects… they make great stuffing for small felt critters!
I love this pretty paper from DCWV! It’s foiled and most sheets go well with each other. Fall in Florida us when the flowers come back and these are in muted fall colors:
I fussy cut one of the butterflies and glued it to the h. here you can see the card opening
… and closed again. Such a clever die!
- Concord & 9th Hugs Card die
- Concord & 9th Cuddles & Hugs stamp set
- Essentials by Ellen All Inside stamp & die and Bear Hugs die
- Fiskars Friends Forever quotes stamp set
- Spellbinders Gold Labels 4
- DCWV The Butterfly Garden stack cardstock
- Hero Arts ombre ink pads: ombre dolphin ; pink to red;
- Tsukineko Memento Rich Coocoa dye ink
- Copic Markers C1 E 13, 33, 71; R20
- Pebbles inc., Classic Chalks Earthtone Shades
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- The Kunin Group Rainbow Classicfelt ecofi: Sandstone, Walnut Brown (and felt and thread scraps to fill the bear)
- Papertrey Ink felt: Raspberry Fizz
- Artiste metallic floss – gold
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- WhereCreativityMeetsC9 Challenge #24: Anything Goes
- The Ellen Hutson 30k Followers Giveaway on Instagram hashtag: #EssentialsbyEllen30kGiveaway
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Fall, Autumn
- CropStop Linky July Party #42: Anything Goes (Aleene’s Fiskars, Pebbles, Spellbinders & Tsukineko)
I always appreciate your kind comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave them!! Big, squishy bear hugs to you all!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.