Welcome sweet peeps! I WAS going to use this cat stamp for the final card of the Cat Lovers Hop – That’s how I feel already, so I know tomorrow, I WILL be flat on my back, for sure! However, I needed a card for a cat-loving/chocolate-loving friend who got home from the hospital yesterday. (Hence my absence.) This one came together quite quickly with the help of the Art Impressions Watercolor stamps.
Here’s the inside sentiment, which may be the best part of the card:
I am very determined to lead a balanced life! lol!! I think she’ll love this with a little box of chocolates, don’t you?!
You’ve heard of cats having shiny coats? I gave this cat one with those metallic watercolors:
I’m still getting used to the AI watercolor stamps. I know watercolor is supposed to be soft and a little blurry, but once I add water, they loose too much definition. Finding the right balance of water is tough for me. I like that they don’t require a lot of water and so dry quickly with little warping of the paper. My fix for now is to re-stamp over the blurry areas to add a little definition.
Tips for adhering 140# watercolor paper to a card without warping.
- Use 110# paper (or heavier) for the card base
- Use Tombow Xtreme adhesive. It takes a bit to get used to flicking off to the side before lifting up (and to remember to do it!), but it is super strong!! I’ve had it straighten out warped watercolor paper once adhered to the card base.
Yes, those are real mini m&m’s – what a waste of chocolate!! I looked for mini bonbon stickers or buttons, but couldn’t find any and the ones I tried to make with drops didn’t look right, so this was the next best thing. I GUESS I can sacrifice 4 mini chocolates for a good cause! (You have no idea what a good friend you are!!!) Hahaha!
- Art Impressions Zoo Crew Feline stamp set
- Art Impressions Watercolor stamp sets: Flower, Foliage, and Chest of Flowers
- Art Impressions sentiment stamps
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s Markers – Floral set: Blossom, Bud Green, Heather, Leaf Green, Marigold, Orchid, Rose Pink
- Yasutomo metallic watercolors
- Memento dye ink – Tuxedo Black
- Canson cold press 140# watercolor paper
- Core’dinations 110# cardstock – white. 65# cardstock – gray
- Tombow Xtreme adhesive
- E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
- Mini M&Ms 4 for card…. rest for cardmaker!! : )
I am entering this card in the following hops and challenges – click on any one for the details on how you can join the fun:
- Cat Lovers Hop
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Crop Stop Linky Party #21 Anything Goes (Crop Stop carries: Art Impressions, Core’dinations, Memento and Tombow brands)
Oh, before I go, I’d like to introduce those of you who haven’t seen them to the Simon’s Cat videos. I didn’t get an interview, but they are still worthy of mention… They are short and ever-so-sweet! No matter how many times I see them, they make me laugh!! I recommend just scrolling down the video list on his YouTube channel and starting at the beginning. Here’s one every cat owned crafter can relate to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV3SWjrt2rE
I can’t believe tomorrow is already the last day! I do have at least one more fun post planned for you, so don’t forget to stop back by!!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.