A sunny hello to you poor Northern peeps who have been freezing in the latest round of storms! We had visitors from Indiana who got sick and didn’t get to enjoy the beach as much as they’d hoped, so I made them a card so they could take the beach home and enjoy it with their heat cranked up!
I chose the sentiment Relax! That’s what sunrise and/or sunset at the beach does for me! I hope they find this pretty scene relaxing, too! Just a quick note on some of the details… The background was blended distress inks (including Barn Door for the current Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Add Some Red). I was worried they might get it wet, so I sprayed over it with Krylon’s Triple Thick Clear Glaze. It worked pretty good… there’s only a spot or two that reacted with the moisture before it sealed. I love the glossy photo finish it gives as I tried to catch above! The black ink was MFT Extreme Black, which went stood out nicely stamped over the Distress Inks.
The dolphin — I wish I’d’ve done him separately, cut him out and added him, as I ended up with a lot of ‘sunspots’ from the black powder adhering to the already embossed sun despite using an anti-static doo-dad and the dolphin started to melt into the sun. Learning experience. It’s still cool and can be ‘perfect’ next time! I do love the ‘wet’ look of the embossed dolphin!
The water — I figured it was best to emboss the sun and it’s reflection on the water first so I could just blend over it and wipe off. It worked, but don’t use a paper towel or baby wipe that’s too wet, or the water will react with your Distress Inks, too. Voice of experience! The waves around their feet are drwan in with a Pigma Micron pen. I think I’ll start off my note to them on the inside: ‘This card has a porpoise!’ Lol! Supplies:
- Gina K. Designs Framescapes Tropical Skies stamp set
- Core’dinations white cardstock
- DCWV peach card
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink: Antique Linen
- Tsukineko Versamark ink
- JoAnn Craft Essentials clear embossing powder
- Inkadinkado black embossing powder
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress inks: Broken China, Stormy Sky, Victorian Velvet, Barn Door (Red) and Spiced Marmalade
- MFT Extreme Black ink
- Sakura Pigma Micron black 05 pen
- Krylon Triple Thick Clear Glaze
- Scotch adhesive tape runner
I am playing along with the following challenges – click on any one for more information on how you can join the fun!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Add Some Red
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes
Thanks for joining me! I hope YOU have a RELAXING day, too!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.