Hello and thanks for your patience! I’ve been out sick again, but finally got back in the saddle with a really fun card I needed to make up for a friend. I used the current challenge prompts from A Blog Named Hero: Love is in the Air with a color palette:
Now that I’m on my computer, I see that third color is fuchsia… on my phone it looks red. I figured out it’s the phone… I took a screen shot from the pone and put it on my computer and it looks just like the one above. Crazy! Oh well, it’s close enough and still perfect for the theme. Next time I know to check the computer for truer colors!
From the minute I saw this Dancing Music Notes die, it was almost exactly what I’ve long had in mind for my Taking Note poem about the people in the symphony of our lives. I wanted the poem written across a flowing staff with pictures of people’s faces in the notes. I have tried and tried to fit it in, but it just looks too crowded…
I guess I’ll have to just print it out in a pretty font on the inside of the card… unless I can talk Hero Arts into making this into an 8×10 die and printing my poem on a stamp, too! lol! For this card I specifically wanted this lovely sentiment on the inside:
At least my other idea for this die worked… having cats playing across the music staff… so fun! My favorite is the white kitty in the lower right who’s resting with her paw linked through a musical rest symbol! To get the reverse image of the dangling kitty I stamped him off on a flat rubber stamp and stamped that onto paper. Since the impression was light, I traced over it with an ultra fine pen. I didn’t worry about the umbrella piece showing… It just looks like part of his paw. I may have gone a little overboard with the hearts, but to me they represent their fabulous musical purrs. The sentiments seemed a little lost after I added the hearts, so I outlined them with the black ultrafine marker. If I could have put my hands on a paw-print stamp, I’d’ve probably put one in each note, and then it would’ve been WAY too busy, so it’s a good thing I couldn’t find one handy.
- Hero Arts Dancing Music Notes Confetti Die
- Hero Arts Raining Cats and Dogs stamps and dies
- Hero Arts MMH04-18 & Cinco de Meow stamp sets (feel the MEWsic)
- Die-Versions My Micro Font 1/4″ die (CAT-chy!)
- CAS-ual Fridays Big Treble stamp set(inside)
- Tsukineko Memento dye ink: Tuxedo Black
- Faber-Castell Polychromos colored pencils (cats): Cadmium Orange, Dark Cadmium Yellow, Warm Gray 1 & 3, Ivory, Pink Carmine, Rose Carmine, Light Red Violet
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks (blended background): Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Barn Door
- Hero Arts inks: MMH 01-18 Passion Flower (sentiments) & MMH04-18 Fiesta Red (hearts)
- Sakura Microperm 01 ultrafine pen
- Core’dinations cardstock: white & purple; card base: Parisian Nights
- Simply Defined permanent adhesive runner and ‘Stay-Put’ glue
Thanks for stopping by to CATch this MEWsical little number! I hope it made you smile!!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.