Hello, crafty peeps! Today I’d like to show you some sweet bookmarks and a card I recently made. This week my folks are attending a school for volunteer Bible Teachers. They’ve been volunteering full-time for the past 45 and 31 years, respectively. I was able to do it for 23 years before I became disabled. It’s a work that brings much joy! I made them a little gift set of a heart shaped card and a bookmark for each of them to use during their week-long school:
and the back sides:I was pleased that the A Jillian Vance Design stamp and Swirling Heart die match the Spellbinders Layers of Flowers die perfectly — and they all fit on the Spellbinders Filigree Bookmark Tag, too! My folks liked them so much, they asked for a set to give to their classmates, choosing these colors:
One tip – because I used double sided tape on the cardstock for the Layers of Flowers and cut them on a Precision Base Plate, they tended to slip and slide. The solution, which you may know -and I may have, too, but forgot, was to turn the die so that just a corner hit the rollers first:
Since I used double sided tape, I had the leftover pieces of the die cuts and decided to see what they’d look like on another bookmark. I had a piece of watercolor resist that I wasn’t happy with, so I decided to use it as the background since most of it would be covered by the leftover die cuts.
I had used Tombow dueal brush pens and some Inkadinkado Stamps on it, but the note of which ones was no longer with the piece. I guess I should paperclip Post-It notes for added insurance!
I clipped a die cut to the cardstock and put the pieces back in their respective spots, then pulled away the die cut template and cut the cardstock and put it on the bookmark:
To give it a little umph, I hit the solid die cut remnants with a Crystal Clear Sparkle Pen by Spectrum Noir. Here you can see the shimmer better:
Not bad, but it was tedious work! At least I know it’s an option if I want to have 0 waste. Here’s one last look at the front and back of the bookmarks:
- A Jullian Vance Love Scripture Bookmark stamp set & Swirly Heart die
- Spellbinders Vintage Elegance Filigree Bookmark Tag die by Becca Feeken
- Spellbinders Thoughtful Expressions Layers of Flowers dies by Marissa Job
- Core’dinations cardstock: red, green, blue, black
- Recollections Chipboard (the base of the guys’s bookmarks)
- The Fine Touch gold poster board (the base of the gals’ bookmarks & the card)
- Hero Arts India Ink Black dye ink
- Spectrum Noir Colorista pencils
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens, Inkadinkado stamps & watercolor paper
- Simply Defined Stacey Tape 2.5″
- Brother p-Touch with clear tape (for the year)
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Wild Things (wild flowers and that green is pretty wild, too!)
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make Your Own Background (that watercolor resist bookmark)
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday July 2018: Watercolor (the watercolor resist bookmark)
- CropStop Linky July Party #41: Anything Goes (Spellbinders, Core’dinations, Spectrum Noir & Tombow)
- MarkerPOP Challenge #138 Back to School (extended until 8/8!)
Thanks again for the kind comments you guys always leave… it’s always a tread to read them!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.