I’m excited to be back again as I think you’re going to enjoy this post!
(** NOTE: if you are looking for the post with details on my Guest Designing for CropStop, click HERE**)
Once again, the Spring Coffee Lovers Bloghop is on.
This time, I took my color inspiration from Altenew’s March 2017 Inspiration Challenge:
Let’s start with the exciting EDIBLE stamping! Once again, I gathered my supplies:
- Store bought macaroons (yes, I’m too lazy to make my own! lol!)
- Wilton gel food colors
- Sunny Side Up Bakery gold luster dust
- Wilton imitation almond extract
- Wilton food safe brushes
- Altenew Peony Bouquet and Oriental Orchid stamp sets
By now my head was too into the project to remember to take pictures along the way, sorry! One tip: I found it MUCH better to spread the gels thin onto aluminum foil and let them sit a while until sticky before pressing the stamp into them and then onto the macaroons. I think the thin and open designs worked better than the smaller, thicker lines and more closed designs on my previous project.
If you haven’t read my previous post, you might want to check out some of the tips (you’ll find it if you click HERE) I tried refrigerating them after stamping the outline, but touching the outline colors, especially the black, they still wanted to bleed. I found it best to thin out the gels with a drop of almond extract and keep the brush almost dry. The results were, in general, MUCH better this time:
This time I mixed the gold luster dust with some drops of almond extract and painted around the smaller orchids and highlighted the petals of the peonies for some fab shine!
Moving on to the card:
This fun DoCrafts, Xcut embossing folder makes a great window opening for the Altenew Dancing in the Rain window. Once embossed (it cuts and embossed in ONE pass! Woo-hoo!), I ran some Spectrum Noir Illustrator pens over the raised parts to add color. Layering one of the cutout butterflies on the window frame and having the 3d frame layered over the window stamp gives it so much extra dimension, don’t’cha think?!
The butterflies and one of the hearts are drenched in the FABULOUS new Nuvo Glitter Accents in Fresh Snowfall by Tonic… it dries almost instantly for some great shine and dimension!
I mixed up the sentiments from Altenew’s Dancing in the Rain and Goals stamp sets for this fun sentiment for a rainy day. To make the view even drearier, I ran over the scene with a Spectrum Noir Metallic silver pencil.
Yep, as you sip your coffee and snack on some delightfully decorated macaroons on the rainy April Shower days that will soon be upon us, you can close the card and think of the May flowers that will be following close behind!
Supplies used for card:
- Altenew Dancing in the Rain and Goals stamp sets
- DoCrafts Xcut Cottage Window cut & emboss folder
- DCWV yellow card
- Core’dinations red cardstock (to back the cutouts)
- Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink
- Spectrum Noir Illusrator Basics: Bright Orange, Canary, Emerald and Flame Red
- Spectrum Noir Metallic Pencil: Silver
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Glitter Accents: Fresh Snowfall
- iCraft Therm-o-Web Sticky Tape Runner – permanent adhesive
I’m playing along with the following challenges… click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun…
- Spring Coffee Lovers Bloghop (both the Macaroons (dunkable!) and the Card)
- Altenew March 2017 Inspiration Challenge (both the Macaroons and the Card)
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Layer It Up
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Use More Than One Die or Stamp
I’m so happy you could stop back by today! I always look forward to hearing your thoughts on my projects. I’ll have several posts up over the next few days, including some more non-card posts (not edible, tho, sorry!), so do plan on stopping back by. If you don’t want to miss any posts, feel free to subscribe! Thanks!!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.