Have you recuperated from your safari yet? : ) I needed a baby card and wanted to use the darling Petite Pinafore dress die and decided to put the Wild Thing stamp on, but I added some Romaine lettuce leaves to have the girl feeding the giraffe! (If you’re wondering why, see my last post HERE to find out!) You don’t have to have hearts to know that love is in the air with this darling duo! (SSS Monday Challenge)
So darling! With The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge going I, I thought I’d experiment with ‘no line’ coloring. The SSS Barely Beige ink I stamped in was so light I could barely see to color it! I even stamped it twice. (if you look close you can see the lines from using too much pressure under the feet… they totally disappeared in the coloring, too!)
Once I outlined each part in its corresponding color, It gave me a little more freedom and I got a more natural look with the Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils.
I added some of the cutout flowers to her shoes, then covered them in Glossy accents to give them a patent leather look.
I put the pretty white layer on the inside and left it plain for writing a message.
- LDRS Creative (Little Darling Rubber Stamps) Build a Card Petite Penafore die
- LDRS Creative Wild Thing and Celebrate stamp sets
- Enabler alert: these stamps and dies are still in the clearance bin (as of 2/3/19) at an amazing price (30-90% off!) at LDRS Creative! Just sayin’! (and no, this is not a share sale link)
- Core’dinations pink and white cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Barely Beige dye ink
- Tsukineko Memento Rose Bud dye ink
- Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils:Light Flesh; Pompeian Red, Ivory, Light Yellow Ochre, Burnt Umber, Warm Grey1; Green Gold; Cream, Gold, Permanent Green; Earth Green Yellowish; May Green; Light Cobalt Turquoise
- Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- Scotch adhesive tape runner
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Love Is in the Air
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by and for sharing your comments!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.