Why, hello there! I’m glad you’ve stopped back by! Today I have some fun cards to share with you. Seeing one of Janis’s projects over at HerPeacefulGarden reminded me that I had done some decoupage cards with napkins a few years ago that I never got around to posting. We’d gone to my cousin’s husband’s family’s house and she showed us all how to apply those pretty napkins like you get at Tuesday Morning to heavy cardstock or tagboard with some lightly watered down glue spread thinly over it. You pull the napkin apart, select the part you want to see, and carefully lay it down, pressing with a brayer, rolling pin or something else, to keep bubbles from forming. Once dry, apply it to a card base and you’re done! Here are the two I made that day:
SO pretty and SO easy! Now I always watch for clearance napkins for cardmaking, but I have a hard time covering them up as they are so pretty. : )
She had a neat sentiment for the insides:
“This is more than a card. It’s HUG with a fold in the middle.’ I love it!
Later, at home I took a set of tea napkins I had and decoupaged them, but when dry, I die cut the napkin base and layered it on a card:
That was a couple of years ago (so don’t feel too bad, Janis!) and it still looks just a if I’d made it yesterday! You can see the inside has just a little bit of chalk around the edge to make it special, too. It’s a lovely any occasion card in cool winter colors.
Materials used (blue tea cup card):
- PPD Paula Scoletta Teacups Morocco Napkins
- Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles
- Coredinations 110# white cardstock and 65# blue cardstock
- Colorbok Metallic Paper: Shiny Gold
- Sookwang Scor-Tape
- Tombow Xtreme adhesive runner
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalks Jewel Tones
I am playing along with the following hops and challenges. Be sure to click on them for more information on how you can play along and enter for prizes:
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: B is for ? Blue (and Bird, berries, and Butterflies)
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Wrap it Up Cardstock wrapped in paper napkins
- CropStop December Linky Party #46 Anything Goes (Aleene’s, Core’dinations, Pebbles, Spellbinders & Sookwang)
Thanks for stopping by and for leaving your comments!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.