Hello and welcome back! The third event of My Favorite Things Creative Olympics is a Crafty Biathlon.
We were given lists in two categories (Technique and Card Type) and told to choose one from each. I chose to do a shaker card with the emboss resist technique.
I love using this pretty lace background with the emboss resist technique as it always turns out SO pretty! You probably can’t tell, but this shaker is clear on both sides. For added interest I stuck the plain white die cut one the inside of the card. I’m loving those pretty Ken Oliver Color Burst inks! Because they have pigment in them, you need to wipe the embossed area with a baby wipe when done blending the colors
- My Favorite Things BG Lace Background stamp
- My Favorite Things Radial Stitched Circles & Thank You Circle Frame dies
- Tsukineko Versamark ink
- JoAnn Craft Essentials clear embossing powder
- Ken Oliver Color Burst Water Reactive Inks: Fuchsia, Orchid, Tangerine and Turquoise
- Core’dinations cardstock – white and blue
- Tombow Xtreme adhesive & foam tape
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Misc. acetate and sequins (including Queen and Co. diamonds and posies)
I’m playing along with the following hops and challenges – click on any of them for details on how you can join the fun:
- My Favorite Things Creative Olympics Event 3 – Crafty Biathlon
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Add a Die Cut
- Cropstop February Challenge – Linky Party #37 – Anything Goes (Aleene’s, Core’dinations, Ken Oliver, My Favorite Things, Tombow, & Tsukineko)
Well, these crafty Olympics are almost over. We have just one event left. Stay tuned…
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.