Welcome to day 2 of this year’s Cat Lovers Hop!
There will be a lot going on here on my blog today: a home decor makeover, some games, a giveaway, a guest designer, a sci-fi mash-up… Wait! Did I say games and a giveaway?!! Be sure to read all the way to to bottom to find out the details!
Lest’s start out with my first project for today – a home decor makeover:
I’ve been wanting to update this clock for ages! It started out BLAH:
By embossing the fabulously sweet Flora Cats from hop sponsor Waffle Flower onto gray paper, it’s now a lovely and playful piece of art hanging on my wall. Meowza!
- Waffle Flower Flora Cat Play stamp set
- Tsukineko Versamark ink
- Inkadinkado embossing powder – linen white
- Core’dinations gray cardstock
- BTW: have you ever wondered the difference between gray and grey? The easiest way to remember: grAy is the American way of spelling the color and grEy is the English way of spelling it. Now, if I could just keep my hair from learning that word no matter how it’s spelled….
And now, the part you’ve all been waiting for! I have a fun game for you to play… a cat themed word search! Now, you may not be into word searches, but this one may be worth your while… finding the answers will get you entries to the giveaway!
You may want to right click on the puzzle, copy it and print it out to better play with it. Here’s how to play:
- Find all the words that contain the letters C-A-T in order. Draw a line through each word. Words can run up, down, across, backwards and vertically, but always in a straight line. Now, not including the words CAT or CATS, how many different words did you find that have ‘CAT’ in them? (With no exact duplicates.)
- Next, take the leftover/unused letters and unscramble them to fill in the blanks: __ __ __ __ __ the __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ !
- Bonus: List the words (actual words, not acronyms or names) that have the letters C-A-T in reverse order in them. (Note: these words should NOT be in your list in #1 lest you lose some of the letters needed to finish #2!)
- E-mail your answers to me at d.annscraftingwhims [at] gmail (dot) com. You will get one entry for the correct answer to #1, another for the correct answer to #2, and a bonus entry for each correct word listed in #3. You can get additional entries if you follow my blog (on a desktop computer, the follow button is on the right side-bar, on a smartphone, I think you have to scroll to the bottom), follow me on Instagram or follow me on Pinterest, just tell me in your e-mail which ones you follow, if any. Please let me know if you are USA or international as there will be a small prize for each. (Sorry international peeps, it has to be light to keep the postage down.)
You have until 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time, Sunday, October 29, 2017 to submit your answers via e-mail. The winners chosen using Random. org from the correct comments and bonus entries. They will be announced on a blog post on Monday, October 30, 2017 – hopefully, before noon PACIFIC time. I will also post the solutions in case you didn’t get them. Please come back and check to see if you’re the winner. The winner will have 72 hours to contact me with their snail-mail address or another winner will be chosen.
Ok, off you go to hunt for those words!
Oh, I guess you’d like to know what you’re playing for, eh?
Continental USA peeps:
… a set of 6 Mary Engelbreit cards & envelopes; an unknown set of holographic kitty stickers (yes, the stickers are the same in both pics, just the way the light hits them changes their color – so cool!), 6 sheets of 6″x6″ paper from the My Minds Eye Meow collection, a yard of paw print ribbon and a cat shaped paperclip.
A sheet of Sandylion dimensional gem stickers, an unknown set of holographic kitty stickers (yes, the stickers are the same in both pics, just the way the light hits them changes their color – so cool!), and a yard of paw print ribbon.
Stay tuned…. I have a guest blogger coming up later today with a very special kitty project!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.