It’s that time of year again! The Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop kicks off today. Yay!
The worst part of summer? Summer colds!! What could cheer one up more than an hot cuppa coffee or tea,a yummy short stack and some sunny summer flowers in bed?!!
I thing that Breakfast in Bed tray die from SugarPea Designs is genius! Their current challenge is Mix It Up:
I faded the red to pink and used lots of circles – plus the roses on the ‘bedspread’ reminded me of those roses. Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge is to use patterned paper: I had started off with some chevron paper from Fancy Pants Design as I was going to make a quilt to cover the bed. (More on that in a minute). For the paper-pieced items on the tray I had to place a couple of pieces together with scotch tape and then die-cut. You don’t notice the seam unless you look close.
Unfortunately, the quilt didn’t look right… the tray kind of got lost on it. Well, when you think about it – who has dishes that match their bedspread?!! lol! So I chose a muted floral pattern for my bedspread. The wood paneled walls are made from the packaging of the Fancy Pants ephemera and buttons sets… They outta make that pattern into cardstock, I love it!! The pillow and tissues are made from a real Puffs tissue.
- SugarPea Designs: Breakfast in Bed stamps & SugarCut dies
- Fancy Pants Designs: As You Wish collection: Button pack (button & packaging), Ephemera pack (packaging), This & That paper (inside tray, dishes, teapot & tissue box) and Well Traveled paper (outside of tray)
- The Paper Studio: Eloise Floral paper (bedspread)
- Core’dinations white cardstock (flowers & pancakes)
- Foray 30# translucent Inkjet Vellum (flower vase)
- Memento Rose Bud dye ink
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens: 059, 195, 296, 933, 942, 977
- Tsukineko Versamark ink
- Stampendous PEARLustre embossing powder: Rose Quartz
- Tsukineko Radiant Neon Amplify: white (whipped topping)
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops: Morning Dew (syrup and coffee/tea)
- Offray Stylish Accents: Elegant Loop Flower w/ Pearl (‘throw pillow’)
- Recollections: Lace on a Roll (around pillow & on button)
- Tombow Xtreme and Mono permanent adhesives
- Misc: Foam dot, Lace, Puffs tissue, Scotch tape
I am participating in the following hops and challenges. Click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun!
- Summer 2017 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop
- SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge #32
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Use Patterned Paper
I’d hoped to do a belated blogiversary giveaway sometime soon, but haven’t been well enough and now I have meet with the surgeon on Monday. So, perhaps in a few weeks when I’m better we’ll have a party! You might want to be subscribed to my blog so you don’t miss it! (hint-hint) Meanwhile, I’ll be back tomorrow with another fun card for the Coffee Lovers Hop. Hope to see you then! Happy hopping!!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
pps: For those of you interested, I looked up the forecast for the next few days:
(Note: Coffee cups are copyright Verve Stamps LLC and you can get the free printable HERE. This chart is in no way actually sponsored by The Weather Channel. (But I daresay it’s more accurate!!))