Hello and welcome! It’s that time of year again… Another summer at My Favorite Things’ Camp Create!
Day one of camp showed a marvelous watercolor rainbow galaxy background that I just HAD to try! While I was at it, I decided to do two in case one didn’t turn out. I was really quite worried I’d get mud by adding the black, but they both turned out ok! In spite of the sparkle, it’s not a girly card and would do for a guy, too.
You can find the easy to follow instructions on how to do the watercolor background HERE. I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors since I don’t have the Prima watercolors she used. I love the vibrant colors!
You may be wondering how I got the longer die-cut rectangles for the inside writing space:
You take your cutting plate and put the edge before the final edge of the die. After cutting, line up the two sides and again place the edge before the final edge of the die as shown in the right-hand part of the picture. Depending on how the pattern goes, you can get it half-again longer (like the left hand side of the picture above) or more.
I really wanted this galaxy to tinkle and added lots of sparkly accents that you can see in the materials list below. It’s got oodles of 3d texture. The sparkle is kind of hard to capture on camera – even this quick video doesn’t do it justice:
For completing this, I’ve earned my first Camp Create Badge:
Note: if you collect all 5 badges, you can be entered for a nice prize… just sayin’! : )
- My Favorite Things: Friends Like Us stamp set
- My Favorite Things: Doubly Amazing and Pop-Up Bday (cut off) Die-namics
- Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles and Romantic Rectangles 2
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors 20, 31, 32, 40, 52, 64, 139
- Canson Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Core’dinations cardstock: black & white
- My Studio White Acrylic Craft Paint
- Martha Stewart Crafts Titanium Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint
- Ranger Stickles: Black Diamond, Glisten, Icicle
- Imagine Crafts IrRESISTible Pico embellishers: copper
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Glitter Accents: Fresh Snowfall
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Tombow Xtreme adhesive runner
I’m entering these cards in the following hops and contests. Click on any one of them for more information on how you can join the fun:
- My Favorite Things Camp Create Day 1: Wonderful Watercolor
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Touchy-Feely
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make It Masculine
I hope to be back soon with another project from this fun skills camp!
Thanks for stopping by!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
[I lost a big long comment when my internet connection totally died as it was trying to post. 😦 😦 😦 Sorry, but this will have to be an abbreviated version.]
This is totally awesome, D.Ann. I was sorry to miss out on your most recent challenge event….was it PTI? I enjoyed each of your projects on the email notifications I receive from you blog, but my crazy schedule and life didn’t give me a chance to come over and comment. I was so glad to see MFT’s Camp Create coming up because I was sure you would participate if you were at all up to it and this time I hopefully could come and comment. So…here I am!!!
Really love the fabulous colors and sparkle in your amazing cards, D.Ann. You totally rocked this technique. Looking fwd to more of your wonderful projects as you work your way toward earning each badge!! (I know…I know….this abbreviated version was pretty long. But the original was even longer!! Hahaha. Hugs to you!!!)
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
What an amazing card, fantastic backgound.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Lovely colors and great embossing effect. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!